Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Upper Levels third pig coming - should I enlarge the kitchen loft?

minniemingming

Cavy Slave
Hello- I have posted already about adopting a third piggie - she's coming this week - I'm very excited. This is my current cage:
third pig coming - should I enlarge the kitchen loft?

I plan to expand the bottom to a 2 x 5 but I would like to keep the kitchen area separate, as I currently have now a 1 x 2 loft kitchen. It works for the two piggies but will it be large enough for 3 or should I expand it to 2 x 2?

I don't want them to have to fight over the food but I would really prefer to keep the hay/food up in the loft - it makes it much easier to clean and their poop tends to stay there too. Will they be able to manage in a 1 x 2 or will it be a problem? they are all female.

Thanks to all the great pictures on the forum for inspiring me, and the amazing resource that let me find coroplast literally around the corner.

I would not think so but you could add one grid out to the side of the ramp.

Thanks - so it becomes more of an L-shape? I was thinking the same thing at first, it would be simpler and take up less room... (wall space wise anyways) thank you!

I have 4 girls who share a 2X6 cage with a 1X2 loft kitchen and they all eat together very peacefully. I think it will depend on the personality of your new girl.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.