Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior The joys of boar glue.....NOT!!

lisa325

Cavy Slave
This is the second time Mario has gotten really dominant with Luigi, and I swear it's weather related. Once again he got "frisky" during a storm that lasted two days. It's so hard to watch the submissive boar being constantly harassed, but as we all know, we have to let them get on with it. Mario is the bigger pig and is always rumblestrutting, while Luigi is just like, "Yeah, whatever, you're the boss, now get over yourself" But for the last day and half Mario has been really naughty. After they seemed to settle late last night I thought, phewww!! it's over. When I took them out for floor time earlier I found 2 really hard, matted, boar glue deposits on Luigi. I tried everything to get it off, but the hair was stiff and stood up like a poker, so I had to end up cutting it out.

Things seemed to have settled now, and they have returned to a peaceful co-existence. Fingers crossed it stays this way, at least until poor Luigi's hair grows back. :)

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Just leave the boar glue. The best thing in the world for getting it off is piggy spit.

lisa325

Cavy Slave
Cheers, bpatters. I was going to leave it but it was sticking out of his sides, very rigid, and I was afraid that if he walked up against something it would kind of ricochet (for want of a better word ) and stab him in his belly.
They're out for floor time now and all is well ...........fingers crossed ;)

jaycriae

Cavy Slave
When Odeta is in heat and becomes extra obnoxious to the other two, I usually start putting in hay in smaller handfuls, because it distracts them every time I put more in and they all start peacefully munching. It gives me and the younger pigs a break without doing anything that would make it worse. Obviously that wouldn't work when you're not home, but breaking hay and/or veggie time up into smaller intervals when Mario's in a mood could help limit the squabbling when you're around.

The names are adorable, by the way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Hahaha, I am learning this myself right now! Both of my 3 month olds will mount each other, but won't even try it with Sly. Punkin mounts Scooter all the time, then they'll switch off but Scooter mounts Punkin from the wrong end! Last night I found a lump of boar glue right between poor Punkin's eyes!

lisa325

Cavy Slave
@Guinea Pig Papa, Oh noooo!! right between the eyes? Maybe he fancies himself as a sharp shooter lol

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
No lol, Scooter just mounts Punkin from the wrong end and well, that's just where it ended up. Poor Punkin. The look on his face when Scooter get off of him is hilarious too.

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
You have a Randy one! Muggle use to place boar glue on Huggle all the time. My 25 year old son called me to the cage one time, as he watched muggle get Randy with his self one day. That is when they get the glue around the chin and mouth.

I am so glad to have sows now! LOL

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Wow. This thread went downhill REAL fast lol! ��

lisa325

Cavy Slave
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.