Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bathing The boys first bath.. Uh oh

Nat453

Cavy Slave
I am about to give the boys their first bath because they are getting really dirty (I don't know how since their cage is clean, but I'm thinking they roll in their pee and poo like dogs).
Anyone got any tips for a somewhat relaxed happy bath? I want to make them as comfortable as possible, especially Loki who doesn't like being handled at all.
Thank you. :)

Well, the first bath was successful! I thought I'd ease myself into it by doing Peanut first. He LOVED it. He was walking around not bothered at all, sat still and let me wash him but he wasn't a fan of the drying part.. Now to take on the other two! They're a bit weirded out by Peanuts new smell. Following him round sniffing him all over :')

Glad it went well! All my girls hate it and wriggle constantly. :)

Just done Loki & Moki together, they were all fine up until I tried to dry them and then they were wriggly little devils.
But I've given them a new extra big cuddle sack to say sorry for the hair trimming & baths and they seem pretty content now :p

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.