Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Switching to girl piggies?

hkwalker1

Cavy Slave
I’ve had many boars over the years, but I’m a wee bit tired of the boar behavior. I somehow can never get anyone to pair with each other. Everyone wants to fight everyone allllll day. I’ve tried the whole runaround. Bonding baths, bigger cages, new cage set ups with no scent, neutral introductions.
I have 6 boars right now. One of my babies just passed last week. We are taking it really hard. We’re hoping to get another texel in future. I’d prefer not to keep the boar fighting cycle going. Any advice?

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
6 boars in one cage is A LOT and might be contributing to the "boar behavior". I would separate into at least two cages with 3 boars or even better three cages with 2 boars.

hkwalker1

Cavy Slave
6 boars in one cage is A LOT and might be contributing to the "boar behavior". I would separate into at least two cages with 3 boars or even better three cages with 2 boars.
Right now they’re in 2 seperate cages. About to be 3. But it doesn’t really matter because no pair works well together

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.