Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

So THAT'S what a happy pig looks like!

HeatherW

Cavy Slave
We've had two brother guinea pigs for four months now, and about a month ago, I found this site. We set up the C&C cage a few weeks ago, but the pigs still weren't exactly bouncy. Every now and then one would get a little jaunt to his step, but not much excitement. After the bedding was cleaned they'd run around for a few minutes to get it smelling proper again, but that was about it. I figured they just needed some time to get used to it.

Last night I was wandering around the site and found the suggestion to move all of the hidey holes, pigloos, toys, food dishes, etc. to the center of the cage and lay down lots of extra hay beside what was already in their hay holder. I made a small tent over one section of the cage with a newspaper, rearranged the cage, and... wow! They were popcorning all over the place, chasing each other, they were just happy.

Now, if only we could convince them that we're not predators determined to eat them, life would be ducky. ;-)

Well that is a nice, happy post!! Whoohoo!

Cute post, I love when my piggies popcorn and jump around.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.