Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Ramp

Patchatch

Cavy Slave
I need to make a ramp for my piggy. She's out a lot now--about 5 hours a day, maybe more--due to the high risk of getting Fly Strike (see Fly Strike) in her cage rather than out on the floor where it's clean and fly-free.

I have a gigantic area set up for her. She's got my whole closet (which can fit a bookshelf, computer desk, and toybox, so it's pretty big) plus a big area outside of that. Basically, she takes up 1/4 of my room--not counting the bed.

Anyway, she likes to come up to me but can't with the gate there. I have a system I've used before where she walks across a bridge connected to my chair. Now I need a ramp so she can get up onto the bed and across the bridge. (yes the bridge is safe, I'm positive and it's never been a health hazard) Does anyone have any ideas for a ramp and how to make one? Thanks.

Jenni_Feathers

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Bent grids, maybe.

auburnmare5

Cavy Slave
I agree, bent grids. You can also use coroplast and put fleece or something over it. I have seen others put carpet over them. You can make it staright up or have it like winding. Maybe you can use wood or something similar and cover it over.
Hope this helps!

fieryone

Cavy Slave
I made mine with plywood, then used liquid nails and stuck plywood steps on the ramp. I covered the wood with contact paper and zip tied it to the top level. Then I bent two cubes to make sides and support the ramp and zip tied the cube to the side of the cage, drilled holes in the plywood and zip tied it to the bent cube. It's very sturdy

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.