Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Sounds Quiet piggy

jadzia

Cavy Slave
Does anyone else out there have a relatively quiet piggy?

My first pig seemed to always have her mouth wide open yelling some demand or another at everyone and anyone. She always had an opinion on everything and wanted you to know it. If she was awake then she was probably saying something.

The girl I have now has always been rather quiet. At first I thought she was just adjusting. Last summer was the first time I heard her wheek. That's when I realized that I had her 6 years and never heard her do that before. She knew that there were cherries in the house and thought she wasn't getting her fair share!
She only kept it up for a couple of days, and I did make certain to go running in hopes of giving her positive reinforcement on it, but she went back to being her quiet self in about a week.

She does make her happy little booping noises all over the place, but she just doesn't demand like my last girl. Bisides not wheeking, she has also rarely chattered her teeth or grumbled at me. I could probably count her instances of vocal discontent with me on one hand. The last girl? Well, my family refered to her as the grumpy princess, and that says it all!

I'm just curious if anyone else has relatively quiet piggies? I'm reading a lot of threads and vocal piggies seem to be the norm.

kourt1313

Cavy Slave
My older piggy is rather quiet whereas my young one won't shut up. I don't mean just wheeking, I'm convinced he has voices in his head that he talks to (I wonder if they answer?!). Matisse will talk when I go to pet him, rarely lets out a wheek but sometimes will when I pet him (which I can't figure out). My first two girls were extremely quiet, never heard one wheek out of them. Perhaps it just depends on the piggy's personality?

Petlovr

Cavy Slave
My Daisy chatters and grumbles, but has only pop-corned once, and hardly evers wheeks. Out of my 3 new girls, one is very vocal, wheeking a lot, and 1 makes small noises, and 1 is completely silent. I just think it's personality.

jadzia

Cavy Slave
Oh good, more quiet piggies!

I have never thought there was anything wrong with her, and did mark it up to personality. I was just wondering after seeing so many people talking about all of the wheeking their piggies do!

It's nice to see that she's not a complete odd ball!

SpicyPiggies

Cavy Slave
My Cinnamon is very quiet. She talks really quietly to herself with tiny little peeps. That's about it! Nutmeg and Sage are so loud they make up for it!!

Frapplove

Cavy Slave
Is your quiet one by herself? I had a very quiet guin, then she was introduced to her friend, and now she makes noise-not too loud, but she can get excited at food time and I hear her talking to her friend sometimes :cheerful: maybe yours just needs someone to talk to!

beachgurl_1988

Cavy Slave
My previous guinea pig used to be very vocal, she would wheek and throw a fit when plastic bags rattled or I came home, or if I called her name she would go nutty! She has since passed, the two girls I have now are very quiet.

Baby will sometimes wheek at feeding time and they do some rumblestrutting every now and again, but that's it. Gwennie, I don't think I have ever heard her so much as peep.

I miss my Rose and her squealing!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.