Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Problem...

S

SassyFireAngel

Problem...

I just bought Punkin yesterday, and now I feel bad, because he was getting along very well with the other two males in his cage. Now I want him to have a buddy. But I absolutely do not have the room specified on this site for a cage for two pigs. Right now Punkin is in a 26'' by 14'' cage and is very happy thus far. But I obviously need a slightly bigger cage for two. I understand what the recommendation is, but can someone please suggest another alternative? I'm already having to find another place for my hamster cage because of the possibly bigger cage for two pigs. Please help!

S

SassyFireAngel

I would really appreciate a response to this. I see that people have viewed it, and I know someone must have some suggestions. Thanks.

Attachments

011.jpg 1318.jpg 004.jpg 1320.jpg 952.jpg
B

Briana D

Re: ...

This has already been answered in the General Chat forum where you also posted in your "Hello" thread.

It is best to ask a question a single time in the correct forum to avoid any confusion.

2steps

Re: ...

I'd suggest moving around furniture if possible. It's surprising how much space you can gain from better arranging things. Also you can build a second or even thrid level for your cage. I have a three storey cage and you can see a pic on my website <a href="https://www.angelfire.com/droid/capecave/mypigs.html" target="top">Cage</a>
I live in a 2 bedroom flat with two children, 8 pigs, 2 rats and a hamster and a bit of rearranging can make a lot of difference to space avaliable :)
If you make several floors, don't make the ramps steep and try not to let them take up to much of the cage, otherwise it defeats the object. Make the bottom level as large as you can though :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.