Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cleaning Bedding problem

piggyeli

Cavy Slave
So I have been using fleece and I feel like it is just such a hassle to have to change it and do so much laundry just for that. So I was wondering what you guys use?

I looked at Walmart and the pet store and couldn't find yesterday's news for cats. Also, I see on here many people use wood pellets from tractor supply but what kind? And I'm worried that if I get that then they would try to eat it since it looks like their food pellets?

I've used fleece with aspen wood shavings underneath for months now but it's just do much work and now that I'm just using the shavings the pigs smell like wood which I don't like. Any ideas?

I've used carefresh, cage liners, shavings, uhaul pads, etc...and discovered using fleece with wood pellets underneath was economical and a time saver. I use the wood pellets from TSC and I think every location the pellets might be different. It depends on the batch and region. I've come across some heavy pine smells and others no smell from TSC pellets.

@piggyeli I am currently using wood pellets from TSC and fleece. Here is the brand that I got (on sale for $9 total!!) and it will last me months! (broken link removed)

I recently posted a new forum called, "Wood Pellets Wheekly Update" where I go over exactly how I cleaned the cage once a week which takes me 5 to 10 minutes. Fleece goes straight into the washer, that is just ONE load of laundry for the piggies a week! I am loving it :)

Okay thank you two so much!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.