Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hay Racks Problems with hay feeders

bdecker02

Cavy Gazer
Hi im a new guinea pig owner and industrial design student at the university of houston. For our design project im focusing on Guinea pig hay feeders and designing a feeder that isnt messy or requiring the user to grab handfuls of hay and put it into a feeder. I would greatly appreciate it if any of you would be willing to take my breif survey detailing your current experience with your feeder.
Thank you!

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
Happy to help! As a university professor at present, I'm generally willing to help if I have the time. Your quiz is short and simple, but not very comprehensive nor in-depth or detailed enough to provide data that you may need.

You may want to peruse Guinea Lynx (a great medical site) or search through this forum for some ideas or issues that may stimulate other questions you may want to consider. This forum is searchable and goes back to around 2007 (?). It previously was at least 4x more active than it is currently.

4boipigs

Valued Contributor
Cavy Slave
I used hay feeders when I first got my pigs, but I find leaving the hay loose in their cage in a designated kitchen area is easiest. However, I did take the survey! The 'hay being messy' part is so important to us.