Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Position of Cage in Room

ginny

Cavy Slave
Where do you have your guinea pig cage positioned in the room? I just moved my pig's cage next to the window because it's getting warmer and he LOVES to sniff the breeze. He's 5 and recently lost his partner and is deaf, so I thought I'd give him a chance to sniff more and lay in the sun if he'd like. The cage is on a table over the air vent, but I don't think it should be a big issue. The windows aren't that drafty either so I'm not too worried about big temperature changes.

Do you (or your pigs) have a preference?

Karleen Garcia

Cavy Slave
I have mine by the window as well. They don't seem to be bothered or get overheated either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nadiv

Cavy Slave
I used to keep my guinea pigs my the window but my mother made me move them, she said it was too cold and drafty(our windows do let in a nice breeze without being open) They now are in a non-drafty corner safe from cold air and dust.

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
Mine are by the window and out, so if the do not like the sun spot they have plenty of room to get away and they are just next to where the window opens so the drafts is not right on them. As long as he has a place to get away from the sun and the vent all should be fine.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.