Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Piggy Mamma of 5 (And growing!!) - Just new to the Forum!

piggy.mamma

Cavy Slave
Hey everyone,

I'm Chelsey and I am a "Piggy Mamma"! I have 5 beautiful little girls;

Sophie - Blonde Abyssinian, about 8 months old. She is the boss, & VERY sassy. She's a big girl and thinks everything has to be on her terms! Doesn't like to be handled, but loves blanket snuggles and chin rubs.

Chewy - Brown Agouti Abyssinian (Although she has strange rosettes and has more of a "Mohawk" then anything...), about 8 months old. She is the silent one. She is shy & timid, but LOVES to snuggle & be talked to.

Emmie - White with a dark nose and front paws... She is a Peruvian & about 7 months old. This little girl is the most vocal of the bunch! I have even had the pleasure of hearing this girl "Chirp"!! She loves to snuggle & is very easy going. She gives wet kisses!

Lemon - Dark Brown, White & Cream Satin Shorthair, about 9 months old. I adopted Lemon with her Daughter (Izzy). She is a quiet girl, and very gentle & affectionate. She loves to snuggle & gives lots of kisses. A few weeks after adopting this sweet heart, I found out she is pregnant (Likely was impregnated right after birthing her last litter of pups where she lived before... Not cool). She is heading into her 10th week of pregnancy (approximately), and will pop any day now.

Izzy - Black & brown Abyssinian... Maybe? She is 5 weeks old and has silky crazy hair that seems a little longer than my other Aby's. She is a noisy little thing that loves to snuggle & already gives lots of kisses! She is such a fun little gal!

I have a 2X8 grid C&C Cage with fleece bedding for the girls, but I have Lemon & Izzy in a 2X3 grid C&C Cage (with fleece too of course) as a nursery.

Although unexpected, I am very excited about Lemon having babies. I worry about her though, being this would likely be a "back-to-back" pregnancy... But I have fed her well & kept a close eye on her... She looks great! I am hopeful for her & her babes. Unfortunately I won’t be able to keep them all, but I have some great homes lined up for them.

I am constantly looking on forums, looking up & reading up on Guinea Pigs... I want to care for them the best I can. I love them & love that they are a part of my life. They have helped me get through a very hard time in my life!

Welcome! I'm looking forward to pix of your herd!!

Hello and welcome to the forum! Your herd sounds gorgeous, we'd love to see some pigtures!

hello aand welcome to the forums. Looking forward to reading more about your pigs

Well thank you Kelsie, I appreciate your kind words! She is in week 10 now, and based on the forum info I have read so far, she is going to pop soon!! I keep a close eye on that girl... Makes for a restless sleep.

Thank you Rywen, I have posted pictures of all my girls on my profile if you want to take a look!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.