Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Piggies need new home

Piggersrule

Cavy Slave
Deb, don't worry about the lice/mite thing, it's not your fault. When I got Abby I wanted to name her April, because I got her in April. My youngest son thought that was a stupid name and that he wanted to name her Abby. So I let him name her that. I was thinking of giving the name April to Baby and the name May to Mama. What do you think, April and May? My twin sister thinks that would really cute. They are quit talkative piggies and the baby is the dominate one. She is constantly rumbling to her mother. The mother doesn't really seem to care either. They ate everything I gave them for dinner which was lettuce mix, green and yellow peppers, a small peice of a miniature corn cob, parsley and cilantro. Everything I gave them was in small amounts. So far they haven't had any diarhea(sp?) My vet gave me a big break on my bill. He saw both piggies and only charged me for 1. He only charged me for 3 tubes of Revolution when I bought 4. He said that he gives a price break for rescue/shelter groups. I told him I wasn't a rescue group, I just rescue when their is a need. He said "well, that's close enough" He even asked me how Abby was doing and my dogs. I will get some more pictures tomorrow.

seagirl96

Cavy Slave
I love April and May. That sounds great. I'm glad your new babies are doing so well.

Coopdog

Cavy Slave
I love April and May too. Sounds like you have a very good (and kind) vet!

Last edited:

Piggersrule

Cavy Slave
I am going to name them April(Baby) and May(Mama). I don't know why I am drawn to those names, maybe because they are so different. Here are some updated photo's I took yesterday.

This is April
(broken link removed)(broken link removed)

This is April and May

Click the pictures for larger viewing.

Trace_n_Ripley

Cavy Slave
I like that coy smile that April is giving in those pigtures with May!

Piggersrule

Cavy Slave
I know, she has that look like she knows she is beautiful.

piggly wiggly

Cavy Slave
They are very beautiful ladies, I think their names suit them.

Piggersrule

Cavy Slave
Look.....twins. Actually it's April and May but they look like twins in this picture. They crammed themselves into this hidey tent and all you can see is their beautiful faces. I moved them into their new temporary 2x4 cc cage today. They are enjoying exploring their new cage with all that space.

(broken link removed)(broken link removed)(broken link removed)

Here are a couple of pictures I too a few days ago.

Click the pictures for larger viewing.

seagirl96

Cavy Slave
April & May are very cute. They look like they have a static problem! They are just about the fluffiest piggies ever.

Piggersrule

Cavy Slave
Seagirl, May looks like she has a mane, like a lion. She has so much neck hair now that she is cleaned up. April's coat is starting to thicken up a bit also. If you think they are fluffy now, wait until all their hair grows back in. Pumpkin was being a brat today. I gave her a bum trim and she hates it. She did get over it though after I gave her a couple of critter berries....she loves those.

seagirl96

Cavy Slave
Poor misunderstood Pumpkin. Do you want to come live with me where I would always let you have your own way?

Okay, that's a lie and I do give bum trims from time to time and I also have beautiful piggers of my own. Oh yeah, I also promised no more pignapping! I am reformed!

Anyway, April and May are doing beautifully. You're a great piggy parent.

I just read your post about your Lab's lethal tail in that other thread and I know what you mean. Goldens are not quite as painful to get thumped by, but having such nice long sweeping hair, they can clear a coffee table in one wag. I now have a very small & rugged coffee table with Nothing breakable on it, ever! Labs & Goldens are my favorite dogs. I said this here, because I'm sort of afraid to say something nice and friendly in the :eek: "kitchen"

chesneycwgrl

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
That tent picture is adorable!!

Piggersrule

Cavy Slave
Yes, that tent picture is amazing how they look like twins.

Seagirl....Ok, so now you are a reformed pignapper thats great, now we have to work on you becoming a reformed bribbery artist :) Midnight's tail is brutal. My sister got me this piece of art from when she was in Mexico. It is made of metal and weed which weighs 10lbs. Midnight knocked it clear off the table with his tail. I think his tail is now numb from nerve damage.

seagirl96

Cavy Slave
Poor Midnight! Did the sculpture survive?

I don't know what happened to Boomer's tail but it makes a right angle turn at the end. He either injured it as a little puppy or it grew strangely. He doesn't like me to touch it either.
Knowing all I know about dogs (much more than I know about piggies) I still got conned and tricked into buying a puppy mill puppy. The guy who sold him misrepresented him as a puppy from his own stud here in CT. In truth Boomer & siblings were flown in from Kansas. Boomer has a coat that is too thick and shaggy and he needs braces for his teeth and of course the tail. But he's ours and we love him. At least he's good at dusting.

Piggersrule

Cavy Slave
Seagirl, most likely he injured it. When Midnight injures his tail, he doesn't like anyone touching it, until it heals atleast. I rescued Midnight from a lady I knew. The dog belonged to her boyfriend and when they got married the dog was put outside in a small kennel. He stayed in the kennel for about 6 years. He never got any attention, not to much anyways. People just walked past him and he would bark and wag is tail like mad and nobody noticed him. Three years ago I saw her in the store and she asked me if I wanted to take Midnight. They couldn't keep him because they were moving. I told her I would stop by with my other dog Jett to see if they would get along. They got along like long lost buddies, needless to say he came home with me. Midnight is a black lab, he was so filthy he looked grey in color. I don't think that dog had a bath in 6 years. The first thing I did when we got home was to give him a much needed bath. The next 6 months was a nightmare with him. He was so hyper and couldn't control himself around people. He was so happy to be getting attention that he would beat us up with his tail. He has calmed down some what and I am working with him to control his tail. He is the most loving dog. I have a picture of my girlfriend daughter, who was 2 at the time playing horsey on Midnights back. He was laying down and Autum was sitting on his back bouncing up and down. Midnight could have cared less.

seagirl96

Cavy Slave
Poor Midnight! I'm so glad he came to live with you. My dogs are sometimes ignored, but I am talking about the kind of ignoring where I give them an absentminded pat as I walk by. Can you imagine having a dog for six years and leaving him behind when you move? I know you can't and neither can I.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.