Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Petsitter in Ohio

onu1978

Cavy Slave
Hello!

Does anyone know of a petsitter in the Central Ohio area? We are trying to sell our home and the realtor said that we need to find a temporary home for our piggies. We have two boar pairs that are in separate cages. We will provide all food and hay. If anyone knows of anyone, please let me know!

Thanks!

rabbitsncavyluv

Cavy Slave
Have you asked any friends or neighbors? There are a few Ohio rescues. Maybe someone there can suggest something or a volunteer? Some vets do board. Sometimes pricey though.

I believe there is a pig sitter website. I think Teresa created one? I'll look for it.

onu1978

Cavy Slave
Unfortunately, our families and friends want nothing to do with our boys. If they absolutely have to take them, my in laws will but only as a last resort (they live three hours away). We are trying to find some type of boarding locally that will take small animals and take good care of them. Thanks for the quick response! I will look for that petsitting page. :cheerful:

rabbitsncavyluv

Cavy Slave
Here is it (broken link removed)

I'm not sure how up to date it is though. Hopefully someone on there is near you? Or if there is a gp rescue near you, maybe they can refer someone?

LBKK

Cavy Slave
How come you have to get them out while you sell? Lots of people who sell their homes have pets. It really shouldnt make a difference. Just make sure your cage is clean and smelling fresh and no poops all over while people are viewing. Id offer to help, but I'm in Canada!!!

onu1978

Cavy Slave
The realtor said that a lot of people are turned off by "rodents". They accept dogs and cats (although our dogs are going to my parents for a couple of weeks), but a lot of women do not like pigs. She was actually a little startled to discover them as well! We may try to find a solution to keeping them at home such as downsizing their cages and placing them in the unfinished portion of the basement. Their current cages are 2x6 and 2.5x5. We may split one in half and make them share temporarily. There are a lot of pigsitters in our area based on the link above. I am going to see if they still do it.

nonamian_girl

Cavy Slave
Maybe the realtor is not a fan of pigs but that doesn't mean that potential buyers will be. Just make sure everything is clean around the guys, and I'm sure no one will care. In fact, if people with kids come through, that'll be an added bonus.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.