Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

One Rockin' GP

Gothicguineapig

Cavy Slave
Hi. :D
I am convinced that my GP likes rock music. I don't know!!?! It responds to Rock music more than any other genre of music I play. I know it seems weird, but I'm serious! I turn on some Korn or My Chemical Romance and she chirps with joy and runs around her cage!! Is it just my Cavy? :confused:

hmm...that's weird I never thought that they owuld like anything other than classical jazz music...An experiment I suppose :) I'll have to try that

I'd be concerned with how loud you'd play the music - especially with Gerard screaming the way he does.
I think if you were to play any music to your pigs it should be nice, calm, predictable music.

No its not loud. I play ghost of you instead of I'm not ok or Bury me in black.

Yeah, but isn't Gerard sexy? sorry,:D off topic.

shmexy. 0_0 ahem.

Swavy seems to like my taste in music which is any random thing that strikes my fancy, from rock to soft romantic music to my bfs goth stuff. I play it very quietly though as to not hurt the piggers ears. Kaeoto does not seem to have the same taste. He hides in his house unamused.

Pigs have different tastes in music, just as we do. That's my theory, anyway! I can sing nursery rhymes to my pigs and they'll go to sleep. Some other music, like Joss Stone, also makes them close their eyes and stick their legs out for a little nap. If I play any other music they glare at me until I switch it off. No more Green Day in front on the pigs then!

Oh, and welcome to Cavy Cages GothicGP!

Guess what? I just tried The Pussycat Dolls's Stickwitu and she fell asleep!! AWW! ❤️ So cute! Oh yeah and I kind of have a problem. I put my Guinea pig in a ball, you know, so she won't go into the couch or anything. But when I put her in there, she doesn't even try to roll the ball. Will she learn it on her own?

i read in a magazine that animals can respond to different kinds of music, and my guinea pig starts to run around her cage and dance when she hears some peppy music!

But when I put her in there, she doesn't even try to roll the ball. Will she learn it on her own?

No. hmmm. Who's smarter, you or the guinea pig? ;) The guinea pig. Balls are very bad for guinea pigs. Please toss it or use it for something else.

Off Topic-

*Bragging* I have Gerard's AIM SN! HAHA!

CavySpirit said:
Gothicguineapig said:
But when I put her in there, she doesn't even try to roll the ball. Will she learn it on her own?

No. hmmm. Who's smarter, you or the guinea pig? ;) The guinea pig. Balls are very bad for guinea pigs. Please toss it or use it for something else.
I had to wonder that too. I think Percy is smarter than I am as well. He froze when I put him in the ball. After finding out that they can break their toes or worse their backs in those balls, I made a planter out of mine. Right now it has ivy in it, but I'm thinking about replanting it with cilantro.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.