Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Omg... It has been ordered. :o

Hazel Hammy

Cavy Slave
AHHHH- It was ordered! Guinea is going to get her Midwest habitat this Christmas! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
(Please nobody tell Hamster Hideout... I want it to be a surprise!) ;)

I'm going to make space for it now! lollollollollollol

Hazel Hammy

Cavy Slave
What should I put in it? Is it possible to add a melamine (or other wood) level for her food?

Hazel Hammy

Cavy Slave
Would this cage be good with fleece?

littlepaws1999

Cavy Slave
Congrats on your order! And yes the Midwest can be used with fleece. Although I'm not sure if you can add a wooden shelf to it... A wire grid level might be a better choice. But then you might need to add wire grids surrounding the cage to make the height of the cage taller.

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
I wouldn't add any kind of shelf. The cage isn't huge, and anything like a shelf or ledge might take space away.

You can definitely use fleece with the Midwest cage.

Hazel Hammy

Cavy Slave
Congrats on your order! And yes the Midwest can be used with fleece. Although I'm not sure if you can add a wooden shelf to it... A wire grid level might be a better choice. But then you might need to add wire grids surrounding the cage to make the height of the cage taller.
Thanks!

Hazel Hammy

Cavy Slave
I wouldn't add any kind of shelf. The cage isn't huge, and anything like a shelf or ledge might take space away.

You can definitely use fleece with the Midwest cage.
Thank you! :D

joys_cavies

Cavy Slave
Fleece works well with Tue Midwest that's what I use. Just wondering are you hazelhammy1 on instagram @Hazel Hammy

joys_cavies

Cavy Slave
Oh OK lol @Hazel Hammy. I'm guinea pigs_cats_dogs_ohmy. I'll follow you

joys_cavies

Cavy Slave
Follow back @Hazel Hammy

Banshee

Cavy Slave
Okay! Thanks for following! I'm going to school right now, but I'll write it on my arm lol :D
Why hello HH ;) (I stumbled on this accidently omg I'm sorry. And yes it is the same banshee. Oops)

also I have a Midwest cage! I use fleece and IMO a level isn't the best (I tried it and it's not the best trust me it's way too bulky), but a guinea bunk bed would be great! Or a fleece forest, or something of the like. :)

Hazel Hammy

Cavy Slave
Why hello HH ;) (I stumbled on this accidently omg I'm sorry. And yes it is the same banshee. Oops)

also I have a Midwest cage! I use fleece and IMO a level isn't the best (I tried it and it's not the best trust me it's way too bulky), but a guinea bunk bed would be great! Or a fleece forest, or something of the like. :)
OMG Hi Banshee! :D Thanks for the tips! :)

blessedmom

Cavy Slave
I used a Midwest cage for a while before building my C&C. It worked well overall and I have two bonded males. Did you get the regular one or the Midwest Habitat Plus (comes with divider and lid)? I ask because I didn't need my lid so I used it and the divider to build an add on kitchen so they had the whole cage size to run laps with no divider. Here are pics but they are with the add-on. I couldn't find pics of when I used it alone. I think the Midwest will suit you well. I used fleece and U-haul pads with mine and it worked well. I use wood pellets and fleece now and LOVE it! It would work in a Midwest cage I'm sure. There is a thread about how great it works.

I still use my Midwest when I travel. It's great for that!

BTW- Was this for one or two piggies?

Hazel Hammy

Cavy Slave
I used a Midwest cage for a while before building my C&C. It worked well overall and I have two bonded males. Did you get the regular one or the Midwest Habitat Plus (comes with divider and lid)? I ask because I didn't need my lid so I used it and the divider to build an add on kitchen so they had the whole cage size to run laps with no divider. Here are pics but they are with the add-on. I couldn't find pics of when I used it alone. I think the Midwest will suit you well. I used fleece and U-haul pads with mine and it worked well. I use wood pellets and fleece now and LOVE it! It would work in a Midwest cage I'm sure. There is a thread about how great it works.

I still use my Midwest when I travel. It's great for that!

BTW- Was this for one or two piggies?
Thanks for the lovely pictures! :) I currently have one 6 year old pig that is turning 7 the 26th, so I do not plan to add another piggy to my life. But yes, this would be for one Pig. I almost have the same fleece as you! Mine is just pink instead of white. :D I don't have the top/divider one, just the regular midwest. :)

MrCavyMadness

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
@Hazel Hammy, Im on HH too!! Also, My DIY Cage is the same size a the MW except two levels, and I use Piggiepopshop liners. I have 2 sets of fleece flippers that fit Midwest I am selling.. If you're interested let me know! They are lightly used, and have little to no hair on them.. They're like new. message me if int.

Hazel Hammy

Cavy Slave
@Hazel Hammy, Im on HH too!! Also, My DIY Cage is the same size a the MW except two levels, and I use Piggiepopshop liners. I have 2 sets of fleece flippers that fit Midwest I am selling.. If you're interested let me know! They are lightly used, and have little to no hair on them.. They're like new. message me if int.
Well, your too far away and I imagine shipping would be a problem, but thank you for the offer! :)

Hazel Hammy

Cavy Slave
Also, what is your HH username?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.