Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Mounting OMG does it ever end?

6GPS7

Cavy Slave
I intro'd baby to his dad yesterday and OMG the mounting. Dad will NOT leave the baby alone. He follows him all over the cage and just mounts him over and over and over. Baby whines and squawks and cries every time. It stops for awhile, then starts up again. Does this ever end?? It is stressing me out!

6GPS7

Cavy Slave
OMG thank you, @ThePigAlchemist I am glad to know it gets better. In the meantime I'll just stay out of the room, because I cannot stand to hear that baby squawk anymore!

Flowering

Cavy Slave
It will get better. When I had boys they did that for about a week non stop now they don't do it anymore. They can be quite noisy every now and again but apart from that the novelty of mounting wears off. Until submissive piggy stays stoo which he eventually will then the alfa piggy will stop.

pinky

Cavy Slave
Are you positive the baby is a male? Sometimes it's really hard to determine gender. I have a female that I thought might be a male when I first got her. Females can have little nubs which makes it confusing.

6GPS7

Cavy Slave
Ahhh OMG it started again. They were doing SO well too - snuggling together, eating together, napping together, never fighting. But then - I don't know if this is what did it or not - I moved something in their cage. I moved a fleece forest one grid over. That's it. And now, constant unending mounting. Chasing him around, baby screaming and crying and whining. And it seems, uh, aggressive to me. Is this normal? It is really hard for me to watch. Baby CLEARLY doesn't like it and he cries and fusses and tries to kick him off. His back end is all wet now. Barf, barf, barf. I need someone to tell me this is normal, because, I'm not going to lie, I'm kind of freaking out a little.
@pinky - yes sure he's a boy. I had him sexed at the vet.

lissie

Cavy Slave

6GPS7

Cavy Slave
I did, yes. I also posted a picture here, and people said boy. Definitely a boy...

daisy1cow

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I know its hard to watch and hear. I had the same problem when I introduced my baby, but it was the other way around, baby gets one of the older submissive boys. Poor Chicken eats with his bum to the wall, runs every time he sees Huck coming anywhere near him. It has calmed down a lot and I totally know what your saying. My daughter tries to remind me that it is normal, but Chicken doesn't think its normal, he gets it, he's the low man on the totem pole, but Huck just keeps reminding him!!!
Hang in there, its hard I know, but it will calm down. Huck still purrs and sways but its not as bad as it was.

6GPS7

Cavy Slave
Thanks @daisy1cow. I *know* in my brain that its normal and that I am being unreasonable. But I keep putting my pesky human emotions and meanings to it, and it *feels* like someone vulnerable is being picked on, and that really upsets me! I need to get over it, I know that's stupid. But, GAH, I just hate to see it!

daisy1cow

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Nope, i totally get ya and agree 100%. Hard not to put human emotions on it. Especially when chicken looks at me like " make it stop" I clap my hands and scare huck away whenever im home and catch it!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.