Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Old Lurker, New Piggies

WICavy

Cavy Slave
I've been lurking around this site for awhile now, but I finally got my new pigs today (drove 7 hours round trip too!). Here they are:

Dalmatian Teddy Boar: Haku

Black Teddy Sow: Chihiro

As you can tell from the pictures they're pretty skittish yet, but I'm sure they'll love their new c&c cages! Even though I don't agree with some things on this site; it has been very helpful in teaching me the right way to care for my new piggies :D
Before I found this site I was planning on buying a petstore cage, pig, and cheap feed. I'm glad I did my research first.

frashy

Cavy Slave
OMG! They are amazing looking. 7 hours. awesome. They were worth it. If you dont mind me asking, what region of WI are ya from? I'm from WI too. I live on the shores of Lake Michigan, more on the southeastern side.

WICavy

Cavy Slave
haha I went to your side of the state to get my piggies! I live in the Wisconsin Dells area.

rabbitsncavyluv

Cavy Slave
Welcome. Is he neutered or are they in separate cages?

frashy

Cavy Slave
Holy cow! You actually live only about two hours away from me. This is awesome! I no longer feel..so isolated on this site.

Good luck with your cavies! :)

WICavy

Cavy Slave
He is not neutered, but they are in separate cages.

frashy: I think I one other person on here from WI but I don't remember her name. Maybe we can do a pignic with the WI members sometime!

AnimalHouse36

Cavy Slave
WICavy: They are adorable! Do you plan on having the boar nuetered?

WICavy

Cavy Slave
Thank you! They have relaxed quite a bit already and are starting to get to know our family. My daughter (4 yrs) is doing really well with them and listening to me. She understands to be quite and move slowly around them. (Our cage is in the main living area.) My 7 yr old special needs son loves them and will gentle put his head on them to hug; so cute :D

dra&pigs

Cavy Slave
Aww! You have some adorable piggies there (and by the sounds of it, some pretty cute kids, as well!) Good luck with them!

fieryone

Cavy Slave
They're both beautiful!

I did the same thing and lurked here for a little while before getting my piggies and I'm so glad that I did. I think taking care of them the right way makes them more fun and, oddly enough, less work. It's true that it's so much easier to clean a C&C cage than a smaller cage. Thanks to this site, I'm totally addicted to my piggies!

WICavy

Cavy Slave

Yeah the more I read on this site the less appealing the "fancy" store cages seemed. I couldn't even imagine using an aquarium!

WICavy

Cavy Slave
Update:

Haku has warmed up a little bit and when it's quite (which doesn't happen often with 2 kids), he likes to explore his cage even if we're in the room! I could be wrong but he seems really happy to have so much space.

Chihiro is so sweet and I think she's going to bond well with my daughter. She (my daughter), was giving Chihiro gentle kisses and Chihiro would snuggle right up by her! Very cute (both of them!)

Either I was really bored tonight or I have too active an imagination, but I swear my pigs were doing Morse code with their water bottles! LOL j/k But, one would rattle the bottle, then the other would. They did it for about 10 minutes! Very funny; it was like they were saying, "Hey, your not the only pig here, I'm here too!"

akstrohm

Cavy Slave
They are very cute! I'm from WI too (Madison). I picked up my pigs in Janesville from the WI Guinea Pig Rescue.

WICavy

Cavy Slave
Oh wow, I didn't realize there were so many people from WI here. I'm in Reedsburg, but I go to Madison every week (for my special needs son). Where do you get your supplies/coroplast. I was charged $30 for 1/2 sheet of coro from a place here. Do you get your feed from Mounds? (I bought some Oxbow pellets from there.)

akstrohm

Cavy Slave
I got my coroplast from Signs by Tomorrow on the east side. I don't remember the exact price, but it was definitely cheaper than yours. Maybe $30 for a whole sheet? I get my Oxbow pellets and other supplies from Mounds, but I order the hay from Kleenmama's.

WICavy

Cavy Slave
I got my hay from a local farmer, awesome quality and AWESOME price; 2 bales (about 50lbs total) = $5!

I'm gonna call around Madison, but $25/sheet was the price most quoted. I was just wondering if you found it cheaper then that. There was a place on University Ave. that I'll probably buy from because that's the part of Madison I'm always at.

akstrohm

Cavy Slave
Let me know where you end up getting it and how much it costs.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.