Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Now THIS is SICK! ( warning very graphic content )

Faunn
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

bugginjulz24

Cavy Slave
HI all this is my first post here
I would just like to say to everyone who is feeling upset about seeing what we do to animals to eat them that I am sorry; as a member or PETA, I quietly activate against animal cruelty by being a vegan. IT is a life changing choice that I couldnt be happier about. When i first started opening my eyes to the horrors of animal cruelty it was very emotionally draining on me. Even at night i would see images that would make me cry. I know some may see certain countries as very evil and it is hard not to when you see video of them beating dogs to death or skinning animals alive. I know it is hard; it is my belief that at least in America, when it comes to those sorts of cruelties we tend to turn a blind eye; most of us dont see slaughterhouses or fur farms. I would like to say to those who have been exploring the cruelty and plight of animals to realize that you can help by speaking up, opening your eyes. I know going lifestyle and dietary vegan has somewhat made me feel like i am stopping the pain of some animals; i wish it coudl be all i wish i had the millions of dollars to house the unwanted animals, and give them peace. If anyone has any questions about going vegan or animal cruelty I advise, if you can, go to
www.peta.org
www.insidehls.com

this has been a very different first post i never thought i would be talking about this on the guinea pig forum. but sometimes after you have experienced some of the graphic content you have been talking about, it helps to go get your pig or other companion animal and hug them and kiss them and promise yourself to never harm them. i hope i have not offended anyone with what i have written, i hate to hear people say that they are saddend by what they have seen but i know how you feel. chin up

Jules

Last edited by a moderator:

bugginjulz24

Cavy Slave
oh yea if anyone wants more info here is myspace address with some info about animal rights, some pics of my dog and pigs : )
www.myspace.com/slvrblt23

smileyface cavy

Cavy Slave
Oh no those photos are awful. I can't believe people just don't care about the animals. :weepy:

ScottandDebbie

Cavy Champion
Cavy Slave
Thanks for getting the word out Jules. :)
I need to put more PETA clips on MySpace as well.

I have PETA's "Meet Your Meat" and as the results have had a couple of my friends become vegetarians after viewing the clip.

People need to become aware if there is going to be change.
Thanks again Jules.

(broken link removed)​

I_Want_A_Piggy

Cavy Slave
I stopped at the dog, looking at it just made me love my dogs even more. My dog died today and it almost made me cry again. Also I saw a website where they had cooked guinea pigs! I was looking up something about guinea pigs on google and I clicked on it and it popped up as a cooked guinea pig!

Weatherlight

Cavy Slave
I'm not religious, but if I'm reincarnated as an animal like the ones I participated in the torture/murder of, I think I'd rather live this life as long as possible T.T

Depending on my mood, I can feel nothing (completely indifferent and detached) or become overwhelmed thinking about these things. But I think that if the victims must experience this firsthand, the least I can do is witness it in the ways I can, educate myself, and look for ways to prevent it in the future. Closing my eyes might prevent some discomfort in myself, but it will do nothing to help them.

The dog thing is especially an issue close to me as I'm Korean-American and lived in Korea for a total of about five years. I joined KAPS ( (broken link removed) ) and visited their shelter. And my first little prod, the thing that jolted me out of my ignorance, was seeing dogs and dog meat at an open market when I was 11 along with more typical "food" animals and their flesh, such as chickens. At that point, I wasn't reasoning very well, I was just emotionally disturbed by the dogs crammed into cages and skinned legs piled on a table, and part of my mind wondered about the birds also. That, along with seeing my younger brother beaten and horses punched in the face, made me start questioning species discrimination. It wasn't until I read Animal Liberation at the age of 12 or 13 that I fully realized my speciesism and rejected it. Birds and horses and dogs and humans all want to avoid pain, want to live a good life. In that respect, they are the same.

fashion victim

Cavy Slave
I was looking for information about Chihuahuas and an article came up about how discoveries were made that the Chihuahua shares a common ancestor with rats and that this would make it easier for researchers to experiment on them [the reason being (in my opinion)] because most people don't care about rats being experimented on but strongly protest the mistreatment of dogs. I don't know if it's a scam- a scapegoat for researches to have an excuse for using the Chihuahuas (more intelligent and responsive than rats) as experiments, but I do know that even if they were descended from WORMS I'd still not approve of experimenting on ANY animal. I own a Chihuahua and I love her to death (I also pamper and spoil her to death:tearsofjo ) and it breaks my heart knowing people would use her little cousins for inhumane laboratory tests that they don't dare do on humans.

As to eating guinea pigs, remember they were bred as food by the Incas ( I think ) and that people in underderveloped countries (especially in South America) since they are so poor they'll eat anything that is available, including iguanas, turtles and GPs. I'm totally against eating those poor animals but remember the people there don't know better and maybe getting pig or cow meat is more expensive than eating meat gotten from animals that produce a lot of offspring many times during the year or those found easily in the wild.

Last edited:
Faunn
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

_Luck_

Cavy Slave
I stopped halfway.I feel so sick.
I really want to become a vegetarian largely because of these kinds of things,but Mom says until I can find a meat substitute that I like.I would eat ANYTHING as long as I know I am not eating animal!Pulses,beans,tofu,you name it.
To think that once we were simple herbivores (if you believe in evolution),more prey than predator,and now we're killing every animal we find to see if it tastes good.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.