Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Now THIS is SICK! ( warning very graphic content )

enchantingcavy

Cavy Slave
HI Guys,

I don't really know why I'm making a post it's so SICK it's something I don't really want others to have to endure. I made a reply to the post on the south americans and their culture in the other thread and this part below was part of my reply there but I thought it may be better in a separate post.

I've spent the most part of this week appauled and crying over the dog abuse in china and the poor china bears in asia... something really sick is the " ducks and geese " link about" Foie Gras "....Warning these links are extremely graphic and disturbing like I said I've spent the most part of this week crying and crying because I'm only one person and this is a mass trade something that only many can stop I wish an end could be put to it quicker than the action is currently moving...To think what these animals must feel and what they must endure and just how SICk people can be...I have no words I read far to much than I could handle this week:weepy:

Animals Asia
https://www.animalsasia.org/index.php?module=2&menupos=7&lg=en

We think guineas have it bad...we're just lucky they are one of the only animals it seems not bred and kept in the masses that these particular countries breed and keep their other animals. I pray that it's not only a matter of time until piggies succumb to it aswell...The dogs really got to me...beautiful beautiful innocent dogs being treated with absolutely no respect or dignity.

*~jess~*

enchantingcavy

Cavy Slave
There is more on Foie Gras, the bears and dogs in this link:
When you click on one of the animal sections you need to click " campaign info " once in that animals section to view the photos and info.
(broken link removed)

*~jess~*

PS: Again I'm not sure if we all need to see what I've seen so if anyone feels the need to delete this post please do so...

WEAVER

Cavy Slave
Sorry Jess, I can not even take a look right now. I can easily see how upset this has made you, so that alone is enough for me. I feel your pain and also wish that people were not so heartless to all the animals in the world. :(

I want to share something with you, a thought I have had for a long time and never shared with anyone. . .
I know this is going to sound silly, but sometimes I think to myself that animals were put on the earth as a test. I try and make myself believe they are angels and their job while they exist here on earth is see who really deserves what path for their eternal life. I hope with all my heart that I may someday, at my finest hour, find this to be the truth, and all the people who make animals suffer, suffer when their time has come.

I know that is "ugly", but I guess somehow it makes me feel better to think that the animals are our angels without wings and they are the true test. I do believe they are angels in one way or another, for they love always and unconditionally, find the best in people who are not the best to them, and when you look deep into their eyes you can just feel something special.

Inrun

Cavy Slave
I have a strong stomach for things, and I don't normally shy away from things, but this site was simply too much for even me. I think it was truly the animal testing photos that did it to me. Them and the cattle photos for some reason (though I would like to comment on how a lot of farmers actually care about the animals they own, and I know that this wasn't conveyed on the site, but I suppose thats a whole other debate). But honestly... ugh.
I just.. don't believe I can convey my feelings towards any of the practices that were being shown on that site without honestly losing my mind. I abhor what was shown, and I think if more people saw those things, less people would eat the amount of meat they do (i've cut back my consumption of it as is, but man... after that? ugh). Ugh. Ugh. I can't... say enough about my hatred for those practices. So i'll leave it at this.

barty12

Cavy Slave
OMG i hate those people that do that i am at the verge of crying after seeing those, i will be haunted by those pics every day :(

Macayle
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Carissa

Cavy Slave
I know this is going to sound silly, but sometimes I think to myself that animals were put on the earth as a test. I try and make myself believe they are angels and their job while they exist here on earth is see who really deserves what path for their eternal life.

That doesn't sound silly, Weaver. I have often thought the exact same thing, and the older I get and the more hear about these horrible things the more convinced I get that they will have to pay one day for all this pain. Tears streamed down my face when I saw those pictures, especially when I saw a test beagle that looked just like my little baby. I just feel really hopeless right now.

The Magic Taco

Cavy Slave
Whoa.
That's really... Meaty... Ew. No one's going to see me eat for a while.
Wow.

enchantingcavy

Cavy Slave
Actually that's how I felt when I saw the pics...really helpless/hopeless in the situations...

I gotpretty upset and I think one reason is because one of my beliefs is that of reincarnation and I feel unbelievable pain just thinking if I was reincarnated say as a moon bear and had to live 20yrs in one of those torerous cages just how agonising it'd be. I want to see it all stopped because I worry that there's a possibility that when I die I may come back as an animal in one of the many countries that still keep them inhumanely and that torture them...it's a very scary thought...

*~jess~*

Cavyslavesteph

Cavy Slave
enchantingcavy said:
I want to see it all stopped because I worry that there's a possibility that when I die I may come back as an animal in one of the many countries that still keep them inhumanely and that torture them...it's a very scary thought...

Although it is a scary thought, I think what goes around comes around, and if you participated in that business in your lifetime that your next life may be as an animal you tortured in the previous. But, for people who have really tried to do good, I don't see them as coming back as an animal like that. I don't think many members on here would have to worry about that being their next reality.

JackSpicerRules

Cavy Slave
soredI stopped looking at the pictures after seeing a few of them. I can't belive this is still happening. What kind of :censored: sickos allow this to happen?! :sick:

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
Glad I am a vegatarian.

Average veg/n saves 90 lives a year.

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
That's horrible! I'm glad to know I save that many lives.

Tatalp

Cavy Slave
Oh goodness, those were some awful pictures. I makes me feel good to know that I am helping to stop that by being a vegetarian, though.

cutepiggy

Cavy Slave
I won't look. Stuff like that sticks in your head....well you know what I mean if you've looked at it.

Carlie Rose

Cavy Slave
THANK YOU SO MUCH for this!! I knew this was going on, but i didnt know it was so bad. The seal, dog, and cattle ones especially made me cry... im turning vegetarian now. if only everyone in the world knew about this, maybe the abuse would stop.:weepy:

Faunn

ScottandDebbie

Cavy Champion
Cavy Slave
From Slap Maxwell post
<<Glad I am a vegatarian. Average veg/n saves 90 lives a year.>>​

I just shared the above with Scott. ^
Scott and I were just talking last night, wondering how much we contribute to saving the lives of fish and animals by us being vegans. Thanks for the information.

It truly is so sad to see any animal killed just so someone can "pat their full belly".

Jess, those pictures just reinforce our reasons for not eating any meat.

AFROMANS

guinea_pig_luva

Cavy Slave
:weepy: I was crying for an hour I stoped at the dog it was so sad:sorry:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.