Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New to guinea pigs and new here!

Ratfuehrer

Cavy Gazer
Hi everyone!

So I am new to guinea pigs and have two adorable boys. Data and Sirius. I have had small animals before, and right now currently have 5 rats and a bird.
I am going to school for Veterinarian Technology so animals are my life.

Data and Sirius are my first guinea pigs. I have had Data for about a month and a half, and after getting him and doing some research I found out that like rats, guinea pigs do better with friends. So that is how I got Sirius(and another new cage :p) They make a cute pair, and Data has really opened up since I introduced Sirius.

They are not from the same litter, but they are both around the same age, I didn't get an exact age but I was told when I got Data he was around 8 weeks old and Sirius is about the same when I got him, that puts Data at 14 weeks and Sirius at 9-10 weeks. From what I have read around the internet if they are introduced young enough and grow up together it should not be a problem...hopefully.

Data.jpg

Sirius is the black one, he is all black except he has a grayish swirl on his head(which you can kinda see in the picture). Data is the one on the left. He is tan white and black, and has what we call a Charlie Brown butt. His markings on his butt are the same color and shape as Charlie Browns shirt(he doesn't sit still long enough to get the picture) :p The picture is a bit blurry because whenever they are out of the cage they are running around.

I am so excited to have found this forum because I am going to have loads of questions.

PopcorningPig

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! Your guinea pigs are ADORABLE! I love datas nickname, it's awesome! My little guy as a million names, like mr squeaks, mr munchi man, fluffer nuffer man. And so many more! Feel free to ask as many questions as you want! Again, welcome! Have a amazing day!

gwennifer

Cavy Slave
What a great picture! Welcome to the forum. :)

SavvyCavies

Cavy Slave
Welcome! I'm new too! Like you, I am also a small animal lover and had rat mischiefs in the past. Your boys are so cute and I love their names!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.