Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New piggie owner from South Dakota!

• Thread starter Hollyberries008
  • Start date

Hollyberries008

Cavy Slave
Good afternoon! My name is Holly, and I'm from a little town in South Dakota. I've recently bought my first piggies. I've got 2 beautiful girls, and a wonderful husband. I've been wanting to get a pet for the girls so bad, but we can only have caged animals. We got two birds, and they bonded together, and really don't care to have too much to do with us lol. Not really what I was looking for. We got our first guy Buggsy. And a few weeks later we got our second guy Floyd! They are the best of buddies even thought I've read a lot on not having two males together if you don't get them at the same time. So far so good though. Buggsy will snap a little at Floyd, but only when he's snuggling in buggsy's bed lol. I'm madly in love with these little guys, and already have plans on making a bigger cage, and adding a couple more. haha!!!! Best of all my girls love them very much. But i'm still a newbie, and looking for advice, and learning about them. Hope to also make a few new friends, and can't wait to start posting!

Thanks for taking the time to read, and have a great day all!

Buggsy, Floyd, and Holly :)

Kipsie

Cavy Slave
Good afternoon! My name is Holly, and I'm from a little town in South Dakota. I've recently bought my first piggies. I've got 2 beautiful girls, and a wonderful husband. I've been wanting to get a pet for the girls so bad, but we can only have caged animals. We got two birds, and they bonded together, and really don't care to have too much to do with us lol. Not really what I was looking for. We got our first guy Buggsy. And a few weeks later we got our second guy Floyd! They are the best of buddies even thought I've read a lot on not having two males together if you don't get them at the same time. So far so good though. Buggsy will snap a little at Floyd, but only when he's snuggling in buggsy's bed lol. I'm madly in love with these little guys, and already have plans on making a bigger cage, and adding a couple more. haha!!!! Best of all my girls love them very much. But i'm still a newbie, and looking for advice, and learning about them. Hope to also make a few new friends, and can't wait to start posting!

Thanks for taking the time to read, and have a great day all!

Buggsy, Floyd, and Holly

Congrats on the guinea-pigs!
Welcome to the forum.
Have you looked into getting the supplies for the new bigger cage? :D
There's a supply locater on the home page... Somewhere.

Geekerbell

Cavy Slave
Welcome! Come right on in and start reading through the boards. There is so much information here and wonderful friendly people!

You sounds like me when we got out first two piggies this past spring. I got them for my kids (at least that's what I told my husband!), and was ready to add another to the group and build a bigger cage soon after.

One word of caution, and I say this because of my personal experience, make sure that you really have two males. And if you do decide to add more piggies, always be absolutely sure they are the same sex. Don't trust the word of the person you get them from. I learned that from experience and though I love my babies, we have a lot of piggies! LOL

Building a bigger cage is always fun. Especially the planning and looking through all the pictures posted of other's cages. There are some very creative people on here! :)

Shurrim

Cavy Slave
Welcome to you, your family and the boys!
Any question you have you will probably find your answer here. Post pics when you can!

cam767

Cavy Slave
Welcome! Make sure to read the stickies at the top of each section. The are LOADED with great info! Are those your guys in your avatar? They are cute!

Hollyberries008

Cavy Slave
Thanks all!! Yes, those are my boys. I did get a few pictures last night. My camera's not the greatest but they turned out ok. Hope you enjoy them!

Hollyberries008

Cavy Slave
I didn't see a section for pictures, or show your pets. I hope this is ok to put them here...

Buggsy is the light one, and Floyd is the Black/brown one!

mtm88781

Cavy Slave
Adorable littlepiggers :) Welcome to this very fun, informative forum. Please be sure to read the "stickies" at the top of each thread, as they contain boat loads of great information.

On a side note, if you go to the top of the page, there is something that says "upload photos" Click on that, and it will get you started. There is an album for guinea pig pictures!

cam767

Cavy Slave
Awww...they are adorable. :) Be careful with the cages....they are addicting. You always want to change, add, move, make bigger, new this, new that, etc. lol I wish my funds could keep up with my dreams. ;-)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.