Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New Here..and need to learn all I can..

ChristyG

Cavy Slave
Hi There, my name is Christy, I am from Michigan, and I have been doing some research on Guinea Pigs. My son and I have both wanted one for a long time..and I think the time has come.

I came across this place..and I think it i awesome~!!

Can you guys please give me any and all great advice that I may need?

I am pretty sure I want to get the C&C cage, but from there, where do I go? Should I use Fabric bedding? Or should I use that carefresh stuff?

And for Food? Whats the best out there? And hay, etc.

Any help would be wonderful!! I wany our new addition(s) to our family to be perfectly set, and I want them to have the best possible.

I am also hoping to Adopt, does anyone know of any adoptions in Michigan??

Sorry for all the questions, but I knew this would be the place to come and get some help. Thanks again for any helpful information.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave

ferndalezoo

Cavy Slave
My best advice is to read each of the forum sections here-- the "stickies" at the top of each one will actually answer most of your questions. Depending on where you are in MI (I am in the metro Detroit area myself), there are plenty of shelters and rescues to adopt from. If you go to Pet adoption: Want a dog or cat? Adopt a pet on Petfinder and do a search, you can put in your zip code, and it will pull up the ones closest to you.

ChristyG

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the advice, I am still lookign around and trying to read all I can. I did find a rescue organization in Michigan, a little ways away..but I dont mind. Hopefully soon I may have 2 little piggies to have in our family. Cant wait!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.