Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage New hay pouch and water bottle cover made out of old blue jeans.

boofp

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
pizap.com10.215772374067455531375299380597.jpg I really like how it turned out. I forgot the members name who gave me the idea. She made tunnel covers and hay pouches our of blue jeans. Thank you cause I love these. ... just had to share.

PiggieGuinea

Cavy Slave
So freaking adorable!!! Love it!

kendalm7

Cavy Slave
Wow that is so creative and amazing looking! Good job:)

Varcoda

Cavy Slave
ohh that is terribly CUTE! great job! :D

Lasinalia

Cavy Slave
Fantastic!!!

piggypuppylove

Cavy Slave
View attachment 53396 I really like how it turned out. I forgot the members name who gave me the idea. She made tunnel covers and hay pouches our of blue jeans. Thank you cause I love these. ... just had to share.

That would be me :D They are adorable! I love the little flower buttons!

Liviebrew1

Cavy Slave
Cute!!!! My future piggies need this!!! :)

LitaRutherford

Cavy Slave
Cute! Would love some jean bags for my boys but i'm not a sewer. Love the water bottle cover to!

boofp

Cavy Slave
Thanks yall!@ lita Trust me Im not either I winged it. my hubs bought me a sewing machine for christmas last year and I am slowly learning. self taught

UchihaMickey

Cavy Slave
looks great! So creative c:

natsmom26

Cavy Slave

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
I think they are both super cute, too.

But I would discourage people from using a water bottle cover. It's important to be able to see the water level in the water bottle.

cavykaitlyn

Cavy Slave
Perhaps if you made a vertical rectangular slit and reinforced the edges (almost like a window but thinner and longer) by overlock stitiching or even zigzag stitching them (all depends on your make/brand of sewing machine and whether you have a 5-thread serger or not--I have a SINGER Stylist 7258 which does 100 stitches, some decorative and some useful including buttonholes, zigzags and overlocks--my first machine). That way you could see the water level (as @CavySpirit was concerned with) and still have the cute cover. You could even make the window go over the spot where it has the measurements, so you can measure it out.

Just some creative ideas, trying to help you keep that cute cover! It's adorable! I also like the hay pouch, but I do fear it would be chewed and frayed easily... :)

boofp

Cavy Slave
I think they are both super cute, too.

But I would discourage people from using a water bottle cover. It's important to be able to see the water level in the water bottle.

Thanks for the concerns but I change their water everyother day anyways. I slips on and off and the top is open you can see down into it. @ CAVYKAITLYN That is a good Idea as well. I was unsure about the chewing as well so I am watching it very close and so far so good. My piggies dont chew on things much from what I have noticed.

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
I was 100% certain you would reply that you change their water every day. Sometimes, life gets in the way. But more importantly, we're all human and I just don't want to encourage anyone else to do this, regardless of how religious anyone normally is about it. Accidents happen, emergencies happen, life disruptions happen and it's just not a safe thing in the long run. I feel so strongly about this, I'm half tempted to pull the thread, but I'm not going to.

PiggieGuinea

Cavy Slave
Thats awesome how strong you feel about those little stinkers! I know one time I had broken my arm and came home at 3 in the morning and changed the pigs water, gave them veg, and hay, and pellets, and then feel asleep on the floor watching them. (which my mom was NOT pleased about. She though I would hurt my arm. :p

boofp

Cavy Slave
I was 100% certain you would reply that you change their water every day. Sometimes, life gets in the way. But more importantly, we're all human and I just don't want to encourage anyone else to do this, regardless of how religious anyone normally is about it. Accidents happen, emergencies happen, life disruptions happen and it's just not a safe thing in the long run. I feel so strongly about this, I'm half tempted to pull the thread, but I'm not going to.

I didnt say I changed the water everyday but Every other day. I understand your concern Really I do.Its a 32oz bottle. If you feel you need to pull The thread go ahead. I only made The cover because I had a piece leftover exact fit and it would match. I currently dont work and dont have kids. I have a morning routine (first thing I do) to care for all my animals. I do this no matter what goes down or happens. If there is emergency They are the first thing I consider. I have a 14 year old chihuahua, a 2 year old chihuahua, a 8 year old boxer and a sun conure plus the two guinea pigs. Its the first thing I do in the morning. I would never do anything that would in danger my piggies.

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
I think this looks so adorable! I just love the hay pouch, you could totally sell those if you wanted to.

lissie

Cavy Slave
I think they are very cute, but I wouldn't use a water bottle cover myself. When a bottle leaks, you won't be able to see the water level.

I like cavykaitlyn's idea of making a window on the water bottle cover.

boofp

Cavy Slave
Thanks everyone

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.