Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New guinea pig family - advice appreciated!

Expataus

Cavy Gazer
Hi all - today we brought home two gorgeous female guinea pigs who were unwanted from their original owners. They were bought in Petco in September 2018, and have lived upstairs in a kids room since then....

This is the cage they were in (pic below). I have just ordered a medium C&C cage with the loft, as well as fleece liners, a Cavy Cafe, a cage stand, a hammock and a fleece forest. Not cheap, but am I right in thinking that that will be a much better set up for the piggies?

Any general tips, particularly around introducing them to a new family, and cleaning their cage so they are dry and clean at all times, and happy, would be much appreciated.

Look forward to getting to know people on here, as well as getting to know our newest family members!

:)

IMG_6662.jpg

Expataus

Cavy Gazer
Thanks! I’m also a bit confused by hidies, cozies and potty pads if anyone can shed some light [emoji38]

I bought a fleece forest, a hammock and the lettuce nap pad thing from the guinea pig cages site.

Have liner for main cage and disposable bedding for the cavy kitchen area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'm not sure what you're confused about. A hidey is something they hide in, whether it be something that's sewed with fleece, purchased from the store, or a box turned upside down. A potty pad is a potty pad -- something to soak up pee. It can be large or small. A lot of people use small ones in an effort to make larger bedding last longer without having to be washed. The lettuce nap pad thing is a cozie.

Expataus

Cavy Gazer
I only meant I wasn’t sure what was needed, where they go, etc and was hoping for some tips from experienced owners.

I had no guinea pigs yesterday and now have two all of a sudden and just want to make sure I know what I’m doing and what is best for them.

Thanks for your response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.