Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Joy Lucky me! Two plus two equals four

Dagny_Rango

Cavy Slave
I'm so happy to finally introduce my two new additions, Olive and Pickles.
IMG_3362.jpg
They are both spayed girls and approximately 6 months old when I got them in May. Wow time flies! I've been so busy planning and building a bigger cage for them, which still isn't even finished yet!
I wanted to adopt a third pig for awhile, but always feared one would be left out, so I decided I wouldn't adopt another unless she had a black eye patch. (I have a thing for pirates) When Pickles and Olive showed up at the rescue a week later, I knew it was meant to be.
IMG_3405.jpg
Olive's my biggest girl at 2 lbs 7 oz and still growing! She's an abruvian with crazy blond hair and some white on her right side.
She's a laid-back girl, loves to stretch her legs all the way out and close her eyes when she lies down.
IMG_3059.jpg
IMG_3073.jpg
Pickles is my little pirate (or Paul Stanley from Kiss). She was the smallest, but quickly caught up to Dagny. She is an abbysinian with mostly white fur, auburn hood, black eye patch and a black spot on her bum. She’s a silly little girl, always running around and causing trouble!
IMG_3845-WinnieThePooh.jpg

Dagny_Rango

Cavy Slave
Here they all are during introductions. All the ladies tuckered out and Rango eating hay :)
IMG_3480-Introductions.jpg
Introductions went so well, there was barely even a rumblestrut. My neutered boar Rango had so much fun chasing and getting to know his new girlfriends. That night they were all happily sharing a 2x6 C&C cage.
Rango, Olive, Dagny & Pickles. I love them all so much!
IMG_3554.jpg

PiggieWigglies

Cavy Slave
Oh my gosh! Your pigs are adorable! Glad everything went well.

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
Adorable so glad to hear everything went smoothly. Congrats on the new additions.

Rywen

Cavy Slave
That's excellent! Olive and Pickles are gorgeous girls.

Bodhi

Cavy Slave
What a great success story! Did you get to name Olive and Pickles or did they come with those names? Now you have different naming styles... hehe.

Thanks for putting together all those pictures. It made it fun to read about all your piggies, new and old.

I would love to have a guinea pig that likes to lay down and do the splits like that. Very funny. I might come knocking at your door and try to trade.. lol.

janinehunt

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Congratulations on the introduction. They are all very cute pigs. Thanks for all the pics!

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
So many people post on here when intro's go badly, it's always great to see success stories! I love the fact the intro went so well that they were all kicking back and relaxing together out in the open, seems like you picked the perfect two piggies :)

guineapigcraz27

Cavy Slave
Congrats on the new piggies! I bet they will love it in the new home!

Razzle

Cavy Slave
Adorable. What a cute herd. Rango is one lucky fellow.

skittles3024

Cavy Slave
They are very cute! I especially like Olive. Such a beautiful color :)

Dagny_Rango

Cavy Slave
Thanks so much everyone!
@(broken link removed), I didn't name Pickles, but I love the name so I had to keep it. Olive's name was Caramel, but I didn't care for it and it didn't match Pickles. As soon as I thought of the name Olive I knew it would be hers. She helps transition the two naming styles since she’s both a food and a human name ;)

So many people post on here when intro's go badly, it's always great to see success stories! I love the fact the intro went so well that they were all kicking back and relaxing together out in the open, seems like you picked the perfect two piggies :)

Aw thank you :eek: That’s so true! This is why I feel so lucky.

PumpkinPig

Cavy Slave
That last picture of them all sharing hay is too cute!! Congrats on the new pigs and them all getting along so well. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.