Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bedding Kitchen question; anyone used disposable cat boxes?

lost_lover

Cavy Slave
This switching to fleece is taking forever with all of the stuff I have going on. I am not looking for how to make their kitchen. I was just going to get the one from the cage store but it does not seem very impressive for the price...I am finding that I am not a big fan of coroplast. I was thinking just a basic litter box would be by best bet. The only reason I was considering the disposable ones are the size the come in at 13 inches two would be a pretty great fit. If anyone has found a
litter box that 1 or 2 make a good fit for an ideally 1x2 area please let me know.

I have a lot of carefresh so at least for now that will be the litter I use. My cats use the silica gel crystal litter I assume is very unsafe for piggies, I do not even like using it with them but after trying everything in the store it is what works for them so I am not going to fix something that is not broken.

guinnymom23

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I found small cat litter pans fit perfectly into a 1x1 area, which I have up in the loft (mine's an L shaped loft on each side) put enough carefresh to just cover the bottom, about 1/2", use a log ramp, and they absolutely love it as do I as the hay stays up there! easier to clean! Mind you, having a hard time fitting two piggies in there at once, but they somehow manage without too much arguing! :)

pineapplepigs

Cavy Slave
Should be fine but it sounds like it would be a better litter box tbh.

lost_lover

Cavy Slave
Where did you find the 1x1 box? I would be happy buying two of those.

melynda

Cavy Slave
Ha! I just bought one of these today. Now that the boys are living together, the hay is out of control. I saw these in the store and thought I'd try them.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.