Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Vetbed Any current users of Vetbed?

SardonicSmile

Cavy Slave
I could only find old topics, but is anyone currently using Vetbed?

I bought some and my piggies seem to like it, but their pee tends to stay on top instead of soaking through to the bottom. Is this possibly a wicking problem like with fleece, that the vetbed needs a couple more washings? (I washed it once and brushed it with a rubber brush to get the fluff off before putting it in the cage)

I have an absorbent layer (incontinence pads) underneath.

Just the overall feel, when I use my fingers, is that the Vetbed stays damp for longer than I feel comfortable with, even if the pee puddle has soaked in.

4boipigs

Valued Contributor
Cavy Slave
I would check on the UK gpig forum. Seems to be popular overseas.

maple&teddi21

Cavy Slave
I could only find old topics, but is anyone currently using Vetbed?

I bought some and my piggies seem to like it, but their pee tends to stay on top instead of soaking through to the bottom. Is this possibly a wicking problem like with fleece, that the vetbed needs a couple more washings? (I washed it once and brushed it with a rubber brush to get the fluff off before putting it in the cage)

I have an absorbent layer (incontinence pads) underneath.

Just the overall feel, when I use my fingers, is that the Vetbed stays damp for longer than I feel comfortable with, even if the pee puddle has soaked in.
Hey! I don't currently use vet bed, but it does seem pretty interesting. I've done some research to help you out, but the only logical reasoning I would think why it's not drying very fast is because it's not properly 'wicked'. This happens with Guinea dad liners, so before you use them, you must wash them a few times. I looked it up, and apparently you can wash vet bed with some white vinegar and some water, just be careful. I also wouldn't use those pads anymore. I'd use puppy training pads under it, I think it would be more absorbent and bigger? Anyway, I hope this helps!