Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Kaytee Rabbit Cage

Status
Not open for further replies.

nibnskip

Cavy Slave
Last edited by a moderator:

HannibalLecter

Cavy Slave
I have this cage i started off with the smaller and went up to ex-large, there are 3 sizes. My piggies are very happy and can run and jump. The hut is removable, which i don't use. The picture always makes it look smaller.
Living World X-Large Deluxe Pet Habitat
https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/# (46.9" x 22.8" x 24")

The cage is only 7.4 square feet with the outside measurements, and even smaller if you measure the bottom where the animals are.
The minimum recommended size for one pig is 7.5 sq ft, it's unfortunately not large enough.

nibnskip

Cavy Slave
I've seen people in pictures with those c&c cages and they are the same as mine in measurement and more cluttered. my piggies run and play just fine and they have large playpen. It takes up my whole coffee table for goodness sakes, what's needed a whole wall, they already have half a wall.
Also I've seen 7.5 is for 1 OR 2 piggies during my research.

GoldieBrodiexx

Cavy Slave
I've seen people in pictures with those c&c cages and they are the same as mine in measurement and more cluttered. my piggies run and play just fine and they have large playpen. It takes up my whole coffee table for goodness sakes, what's needed a whole wall, they already have half a wall.
Also I've seen 7.5 is for 1 OR 2 piggies during my research.

10.5sq feet is preferred for 2 pigs, more if you have boars. You will never know if your pigs are really happy if you don't give them the opportunity to have enough space.

HannibalLecter

Cavy Slave

nibnskip

Cavy Slave
It's barely an inch difference. I checked before i bought the cage.

GoldieBrodiexx

Cavy Slave
It's barely an inch difference. I checked before i bought the cage.

If you take an inch or two off those measurements it works out to about 6.7 sq feet, doesn't it?

nibnskip

Cavy Slave
A inch isn't gonna make a difference, what does it give another spot to poop on. It's not taking away from them walking and running.

HannibalLecter

Cavy Slave
There's a significant difference from what I can see, with the ledge on both sides & the angle of the tray. What are the inner measurements?
It also looks too narrow when I compare it with their pigloo, but pictures could be deceiving. The main point is that it's not acceptable to recommend on this forum, what you do is completely up to you of course. Adorable piggies & creative hay tube thingy.

Last edited:

MrWhistles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
For that price, you could make a LARGER cage. In fact for more than HALF that price you could make a cage atleast 3x bigger than that cat linked.

GoldieBrodiexx

Cavy Slave
A inch isn't gonna make a difference, what does it give another spot to poop on. It's not taking away from them walking and running. /QUOTE]

It does make a difference. Like I said, it works out to be a lot less in sq feet.

couchon

Cavy Slave
That cage looks TINY - there is no room for the piggy to run around or do laps at all. It basically just fits the pigloo and tunnel.

I have two pigs, and they are in a 3x5, but I had to partition it because my one piggy is having serious digestive issues, and I have to monitor her poop output, etc., so she is now in a 2x3 section of the cage (and the other pig is in the 3x3). Let me tell you, even with one pig and a proper 2x3, it's not anywhere NEAR enough room. It makes me cringe. And judging by the pictures of that pet store cage, it's even more narrow and smaller than a proper 2x3. It is NOT enough room.

madelineelaine

Cavy Slave
I can tell you first hands, the pigs will be happier in a bigger cage. I had a 2x4 cage, it was fine, the appropriate size. Then I expanded to a monster cage in my room, and it's worth it. They run popcorns and laps all morning when I wake up, and I know they have enough room to thrive. I divided the levels into a sleeping nook, a kitchen is all a run.

nibnskip

Cavy Slave
Like you said pictures are deceiving. You people are way to picky by an inch, seriously! The main point should be the well being of the piggies. And they also have a big playpen that my 8yr. old can sit in and play with them. And i didn't recommend, i put my input because it's better quality and space than the midwest. thank you about piggies and hay tube!

nibnskip

Cavy Slave
I don't have them in a bedroom they are out in the main room with my family around all the time. And they run and popcorn and are happy.

GoldieBrodiexx

Cavy Slave
Like you said pictures are deceiving. You people are way to picky by an inch, seriously! The main point should be the well being of the piggies. And they also have a big playpen that my 8yr. old can sit in and play with them. And i didn't recommend, i put my input because it's better quality and space than the midwest. thank you about piggies and hay tube!

You said yourself, the main point should be the well being of the guinea pigs. That's why we are urging you to get a bigger cage. Also, the Midwest is waaaay bigger than your cage, it's big enough for two piggies. I said in an earlier post, even one inch off the cage measurements and it works out to be less than 7 square feet.

nibnskip

Cavy Slave
47 x 24 x 14 inches-midwest

47 x 23 x 24 inches-mine

It's not way bigger. I fit more in mine than midwest. The pictures i posted is showing left side and right side not counting the middle.

SophieBunny

Cavy Slave
The simple fact of the matter is, your cage is not big enough. The outside measurements only come to 7.4 square feet, and the inside measurements ARE smaller. We are only trying to give you some helpful advice. That is all.

This thread is very off topic now.

Status
Not open for further replies.