Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Just wanted to share my news....

F1uffy

Cavy Slave
I wasn't going to come back to this forum but thought it unfair that the lovely people who gave me some fab advice when I first arrived here would miss out on the gorgeous new pups that arrived today!!

BOTH my girlies delivered today... I'm SO excited to share their babies..

Ruby:
ruby1.jpg

Delivered FIVE pups this morning (around 9am)

289569_10151028923242256_215086863_o.jpg

And Bombon:
E7799B74-703B-42C3-9778-31D13337D30A-10219-000012121394EB17.jpg

followed suit around 3pm this afternoon:

Delivering four pups:
0AB9F99D-EC2A-464E-8EFE-BBD7A2A26B81-11819-000014848A8055D2.jpg

Rubys pups all weighed from the smallest at 72g and the largest at 101g

Bombons pups weighed from the smallest at 82g and the largest at 110g

I'm utterly smitten and I just know I am going to struggle to part with any of them when the time comes:weepy:

Both mums seem to be doing well and all the pups are following them around like little ducklings!!

Dee_E

Cavy Slave
Adorable!!!

Luna8

Cavy Slave
My goodness!
They're adorable! And they all looks strong and healthy little pups. I hope you decide to come back to the forum, if you were considering it!

F1uffy

Cavy Slave
Thank you Dee_E and Luna8 the babies are doing really well, running about their cages with their mums and trying to nibble at solid foods!! You wouldn't believe the amount of squeaking and wheeking!! They are the funniest little critters!!

angie901

Cavy Slave
congrats!!!!! I don't know you but your ruby is adorable. she reminds me of momi. my piggy who delivered a complicated birth and died the next morning. on pup survived but he too died shortly because he needed a mother.

Nix16

Cavy Slave
Oh my nine little pups in one day, wow. Good luck with them all, I hope you find great homes for them if that's your plan, not sure I could part with them.

F1uffy

Cavy Slave
congrats!!!!! I don't know you but your ruby is adorable. she reminds me of momi. my piggy who delivered a complicated birth and died the next morning. on pup survived but he too died shortly because he needed a mother.

Thank you angie901!!! I am so sorry to hear about your poor piggy and her babies. I can't even begin to imagine how hard that must be for you (((((hugs))))) Stories like yours terrified me when I first realised my darling girls were pregnant. I am a total mother hen, checking in on them and weighing the daily but they all seem to be doing well at the moment. It's such a lottery isn't it - I couldn't imagine wanting to put a piggy through this intentionally!! :-0

Oh my nine little pups in one day, wow. Good luck with them all, I hope you find great homes for them if that's your plan, not sure I could part with them.

Thank you Nix16. Yes nine in one day - insane huh? I missed Ruby giving birth but was there throughout Bombons delivery and it was magical! Clever girlies just knew exactly what to do!

I don't think I could give 12 piggies enough attention so I am definitely going to have to part with at least some of them but I will be vetting the homes within an inch of existence - it is going to be terribly hard when the time comes!!!

OllieandFriends

Cavy Gazer
They are adorable! Glad to hear that they are all doing well. Going from 3 piggies to 12 in one day must have been hard (and exciting)!

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
Glad everyone's doing well so far. They're a good looking little group! Have you decided if you want to keep the babies or rehome them yet? I know I'd be tempted to keep them, no matter how impractical. What size cage are they in?

F1uffy

Cavy Slave
They are adorable! Glad to hear that they are all doing well. Going from 3 piggies to 12 in one day must have been hard (and exciting)!

Thank you! Stressful that's for sure, but nowhere near as hard as it was for my poor girlies! ;-)

Glad everyone's doing well so far. They're a good looking little group! Have you decided if you want to keep the babies or rehome them yet? I know I'd be tempted to keep them, no matter how impractical. What size cage are they in?

In an ideal world I would love to keep them all but I couldn't imagine having the time to dedicate as much attention to them as they deserve!
I do have a few friends who are fellow piggy-lovers who have expressed a lot of interest in some of them, but I intend to be very picky about where they go! I'd rather keep them and be sure they are well looked after than part with them for practicalities sake (even if it means I don't get as much 1-1 cuddling time with them all as I'd like!)

Each mum is currently in a 2x4 cage with their respective pups. They did share a 2x4 double storey before being separated to have their babies.

How early do you think they would be able to be sexed? (I have read here that they need to be separated into boars/sows by the 3wk mark?)

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
I think you can tentatively sex them at a few days to a week, but do so again when they are a couple weeks older to be absolutely sure.

F1uffy

Cavy Slave
Upon your advice Paula, I attempted to sex them today as I weighed them. I 'think' there are 3 boys and 6 girls but I'll keep checking to make sure.

Crazy Cavies

Cavy Slave
Wow, 9 babies! :melodrama They sure are adorable!!!:)

angie901

Cavy Slave
Thank you angie901!!! I am so sorry to hear about your poor piggy and her babies. I can't even begin to imagine how hard that must be for you (((((hugs))))) Stories like yours terrified me when I first realised my darling girls were pregnant. I am a total mother hen, checking in on them and weighing the daily but they all seem to be doing well at the moment. It's such a lottery isn't it - I couldn't imagine wanting to put a piggy through this intentionally!! :-0

Thank you. Yes it's very scary. take good care of your piggies.

F1uffy

Cavy Slave
Thank you. Yes it's very scary. take good care of your piggies.

I am weighing them daily and all but two have pretty much regained their birthweights so I took the opportunity to have a little cuddle with the 3 bigger pups from the litter to give the little two some time on their own at mums milk-bar! Sitting with three snuggly sleepy piggies was just lovely - I'll give them some time this evening with mum again and hopefully they will put a bit of weight back on. Poor mummy is doing such a great job though... 5 babies and only 2 nipples must be so hard for her!

My adorable nine babies as of yesterday afternoon:
veryall.jpg

sarah_atx

Cavy Slave
Upon your advice Paula, I attempted to sex them today as I weighed them. I 'think' there are 3 boys and 6 girls but I'll keep checking to make sure.

I'm glad everything went smoothly with the births. So many of babies! It sounds like you'll have to make a chart of their tentative sexes. lol

mjlesy

Cavy Slave
They are super sweet! ❤️ You must have your hands full with that many babies, and all in one day! Wow! I say congrats and my piggies send you wheeks of excitement on the successful births.

deardulcie

Cavy Slave
Congrats, Mama! That's a lot of pigs...*Whew!

tinutbutter

Cavy Slave
omigoodness I think I melted!!! they're all amazingly adorable! congrats on the healthy births and healthy momma's!!!

LifeAsItMayBe

Cavy Slave
It amazes me when people can get their pigs to stand in a line like that. I couldn't do it with my babies, and there were only two! Super cute. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.