Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General It's cold in my room where my piggie is

sarah515

Cavy Slave
It's cold in.my room where my piggie is and she's pregnant due In The next day or so. I'm worried that if she has her babies in the middle of the night they will be cold. And I can't move her cage because it's a c and c cage. It's like -15

I have extra fleece in her cage but I'm worried about the babies if they come in the middle of the night.

put warm water in a bottle and wrap it in fleece, it will still be warmer that the cold of your room, and they can all snuggle up to it. Or if you have a heating pad, you can turn it on low, and put it under their fleece.

What's the temperature in your room?

It's -15 in your room?

No . outside it's that cold.. I'm not sure what the temp in my room is but it's not warm.

I would maybe guess that's it's in the low 60s in my room

it was that cold in my apartment the other day, and the piggies were a little more lazy, but they were allright. Extra fleece to snuggle into is a good solution.

Closing the blinds or curtains will help with the cold air coming through the cracks in the window. If you have a space heater, you can run that for a little while, just don't let it blow directly on her.

You could also cover your cage with fleece to keep the heat in.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.