Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Vetbed Is Vetbed good?

How dare you accuse me of neglect when you don't know me?! I'm offended that you accuse me of neglect when you haven't seen my care for my guinea-pigs. You say you have nothing against me as a person, then why accuse me of giving my guinea-pigs substandard care. I spoke to a rescue in this area and they said they would rehome to guinea-pigs living outside in the summer and in a shed in the winter, which shows there are different opinions. I understand Australia is an unsuitable place for guinea-pigs to live outside but England is fine, with a shed in the winter they are fine.

I hear stories on the news and I accuse them of neglect and I don't know them. I make judgments based on the facts. This thread has been going on for awhile now so I've heard enough perspectives and information to form an opinion.

You didn't answer my question. In the scenario I posted, would you view yourself as narrowminded for comment on wrong thing?

That's not right. But comparing my guinea-pigs living in hutches to a child not wearing a coat in the snow is ridiculous. My guinea-pigs have beds, covers, taurpaulin and I've just finished making some cuddle cups for them, as well as their hay they are warm. They get the proper care. Maybe not the care you'd give them, but thats your opinion. Accusing me and being rude to me won't make me change where they live because I can't. It is my parents choice where they live and they can't come inside. If I don't care about my guinea-pigs, how come I spent £120 on hutch covers for them? Or how come I am a member of almost all the guinea-pig forums there are? Because I care about them and I find most forums, not this one, helpful if any of my guinea-pigs get ill, or if I want to talk to other guinea-pig owners. Just because you don't agree with something doesn't mean it's wrong.

That's not right. But comparing my guinea-pigs living in hutches to a child not wearing a coat in the snow is ridiculous. My guinea-pigs have beds, covers, taurpaulin and I've just finished making some cuddle cups for them, as well as their hay they are warm. They get the proper care. Maybe not the care you'd give them, but thats your opinion. Accusing me and being rude to me won't make me change where they live because I can't. It is my parents choice where they live and they can't come inside. If I don't care about my guinea-pigs, how come I spent £120 on hutch covers for them? Or how come I am a member of almost all the guinea-pig forums there are? Because I care about them and I find most forums, not this one, helpful if any of my guinea-pigs get ill, or if I want to talk to other guinea-pig owners. Just because you don't agree with something doesn't mean it's wrong.

You completely and utterly missed the point. What you are doing is wrong. The coat scenario is wrong too. I was trying to show the difference between opinion and right and wrong.

I would say you is being fairly rude, you keep coming here and saying how bad the forum is and how mean we all are. Not really setting yourself up to get nice replies back.

I'm so sad that you are so smug about keeping them outside. Bowing out of this thread now, as you has no interest in learning.

Thank you for finally taking your nose out of my business like I asked a while ago for you to.

Alicia, I find you are being quite rude and judgmental(sp). These people want whats best for your piggies, and you just don't want to listen to them.

And, now, on a less harsh note. Is it possible to bring them indoors,and keep them in your bedroom?

A shed in the winter is not fine unless it's tempature controlled, it needs to be temp controlled all the time! Not JUST in the winter.

I'm being rude and judgemental because that's how people are being to me. I can't bring them indoors, my parents won't let me.

is the shed the hutches are in, in the winter tempature controlled?

It is of course the recommendation of this forum to house your guinea pigs inside, no matter the country you live in, no matter the reasons for not doing so. There are too many things that can go wrong with an animal that's living outdoors, too many chances you take by doing so. If you can't have an animal inside as part of the family, I'm not sure how it's even a family pet at that point.

That said, this thread is pretty close to being closed because it was dragged up from 6 months ago and we all already had this argument then. I'm not certain why it's necessary to do it again.

If you can't be nice to each other and post without insulting one another, don't.

Although I don't agree with Alicia keeping her pigs outside, to be fair, she has said that she doesn't have complete control over where the pigs stay. I wonder, if given a choice, whether she would choose to keep her pigs inside.

I would. I would have them inside if I could, I even have some grids that I could use to make a huge C&C cage for them but my parents don't want them inside. The shed is temperature controlled, which unfortunately is the best I can do for them at the moment.

Since the shed is wayyy safer than outside, can you house them in the shed 24/7?

I'll talk to Mum tommorow and see. I'd rather they were in there.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.