Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introducing Myself and our piggies!

bythebeach

Cavy Slave
Hi - I'm new to posting here! I have been reading and getting information from here for about a year now though. We adopted two boars (Charlie and Pickles) from a local rescue in October of last year. They were for my daughter's 11th birthday, but they are part of the family now. It has been an adventure. It has been very fun and we have learned a lot in a short amount of time. Charlie had sludge issues in February and we worked with a vet to clear it out. Then in July he was diagnosed with a huge bladder stone. He had surgery to remove it and is doing much better now. It was stressful because I felt like we were doing everything right - large cage, purified water, KMS hay and pellets, organic low calcium veggies, etc. After his surgery we switched to reverse osmosis water in a bowl and a bottle, limited Oxbow pellets (they have now removed the calcium carbonate), and bigger cage. We are hoping they stay happy and healthy. Thank you for all of the information we found on this forum. It has been very helpful!

Glad this website has helped you and your piggies are healthy!

Welcome!! Isn't this a great forum?! Me and my m/f piggies, BJ and Frankie are pretty new, too. This is an amazing resource with lots of folks to help!!

Welcome! Glad to hear your boys are doing well

I'm glad to hear your pigs are doing good. I'm sure you're doing everything right but genetics could be the reason why he got stones too.

Thank you everyone!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.