Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I just want to say....how much a dog can mean...

GuineaPigJoy

Cavy Slave
My little girl Maggie had a brain tumor 6 months ago. With the removal of the brain tumor, we had to teach her how to speak again.

We searched Craigslist in hope to find her a pet. Something that would stay with her always. When we found a Miniature Australian Shepherd. Red Merle. Around 6 months. The owner's daughter was just found HIGHLY allergic to dogs and they were needing to re-home her.

So we called up the family and asked the meet this little Aussie. Maggie fell in love with her, using a bit of sign language we had taught her.

Within a couple days, in Maggie's room, we could hear her saying stuff like "Your such a pretty girl" and "I love you."

Within two months, Maggie was able to speak again. All because of Lilly, our miracle Aussie.

Dogs mean a lot to us and every time Lilly walks in the room, I break down crying. Because Lilly, our Miracle Aussie, taught my daughter to speak within a couple months. The doctors were so amazed that they wanted to know about a system where they adopt dogs off Craigslist and teach them good manners and then bring them into hospital to cheer kids up.

So far, its been a HUGE success and the doctors say the kids are healing twice as fast since the dogs came.

This just proves. A Dog can help a person speak a thousand words with just a little cuddle.

Made me cry. . God bless you and your dauthger ...and yes animals to me are little angels send by GOD to helps us ...

I was in tears reading this.

Its a miracle what happened for your daughter. Animals really can help people.

Yes. It makes us tear up every time we see Lilly

Aw what a beautiful story! Thanks for sharing.
You have an amazing daughter and true best friend for her!

Awww man, the tears won't stop flowing! What a great story. I want to adopt dogs now and teach them to be great companion dogs for people in the hospital and in nursing homes...

Wow! I am very happy for all of you!

Anybody have a tissue? I can't stop. That was a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing with us and reminding how precious all life is.

Thank you guys! Maggie insists that Lilly sleeps on her bed(We never even had potty training issues! She NEVER went in the house) and they cuddle every night. I'll go in Maggie's room, turn on the light, Lilly will lift her head and lick Maggie to wake her up!

aww I'm so happy for you! Also made me cry a little.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.