Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I just can't, I'm sorry, I can't do it anymore

ryounce

Cavy Slave
As long as you inform everyone that you are filming or recording I think you're allowed. Then if he does something like that again you have the tape.[/quote said:
Actually if someone is committing a crime like this you are allowed to tape them, they relinquish there rights to privacy.

MommyOfTwo

Cavy Slave
If he is verbally threatening you, that is verbal assault, and it is a felony. Report him to the police again.

Someone else brought up the point about a hostile work environment. It is your company's legal responsibility to provide a safe work environment for you. Point that out to your boss (use the words hostile work environment) and if they still don't understand the gravity of the situation, go to Human Resources or someone above their head. Its pretty simple. If you point out that you don't feel safe and they do nothing to fix the problem, you have grounds for a lawsuit...and a pretty serious one, at that.

Catayn

Cavy Slave
Let's see what my friends tell me about the conversation they had. I have already warned human resources, but apparently, if he does not phisically hurt me, there is nothing I can do according to our laws here.
If he does not seem to improve his behavior tonight, I'll try to make a deeper legal search on that.

Lizbeth

Cavy Slave
If you would like to send me your state or generalized location I can have my lawyer friend look up the current stalking/intimidation laws for you. :)

Catayn

Cavy Slave
Thanks Lizbeth, but I am in Brazil...
Anyway, the conversation worked and I even received an apology from this student. A public one.

Lizbeth

Cavy Slave
I'm glad that publicly he's behaving- but if I were you I'd still watch your back (and your kitties' backs)- I'm sure he resents having to apologize in such a fashion.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.