Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Conditions How to make pig comfy with ear pain

ginny

Cavy Slave
My guinea pig Numchucks is very sensitive to barometric pressure changes. When it is storming, he gets a head tilt that goes away after the weather clears. Right now he has a bad tilt an seems really uncomfortable. Any tips for helping his discomfort? He lives in a cage with another male who likes to bother him, but they're closely bonded... would separating them help him relax, or maybe just stress him more? I hate seeing him acting like he can't get comfy D:

PiggieWigglies

Cavy Slave
Have you checked to make sure it isn't an ear infection? Other than that, I can't think of any ideas to make him comfy.. Sorry and I hope your pigs head tilt goes away. Don't separate them because it might stress him. Why not put some comfy fleece beds or things in there for him?

pinky

Cavy Slave
He needs to see a vet. They'll prescribe an antibiotic and pain meds if he needs it.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Those are signs of an ear infection. I'd get him to a vet for some antibiotics before the tilt becomes permanent. Not to mention that he's in pain and needs pain meds.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.