Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Urine red/pink pee & ear problem?

lydvn

Cavy Gazer
my guinea pig, cali randomly peed red? its a light color and liquid. she ate a strawberry this morning, im not sure if this is it though. we just discovered she has something in her ear today as well because of her constant scratching of her ear. it looked like a booger and it was a cream color. the vet is closed all weekend and we have to wait until monday. i really need some comfort and advice, this is worrying me

Attachments

806C58B9-5A75-4ECB-B9BA-3026B7D236B0.jpeg 659EA51C-4712-4D98-91E9-7F64BAB82B8C.jpeg
The pinkish urine could be from food. And urine does oxidize to a darker color after a few hours. Keep an eye on her, and if the color continues, then get her to a vet on Monday.

From your description, I can't tell what was in her ear. You can try wiping the ear out with a cotton ball moistened in warm water. And there are combination antibacterial and antifungal ear drops that also have hydrocortisone in them available at pet stores. If it's a bad infection, that over-the-counter stuff likely won't be strong enough to cure it, but it might ease the symptoms until you can see a vet on Monday.

thank you, ive read about utis and stuff and the stones. i woke up and shes like squealing while eating but shes trying her best. im not sure if this is related to the peeing or the ear problem but its making me worry so much. im going to talk to my girlfriend about an emergency vet cause this is scaring me.
The pinkish urine could be from food. And urine does oxidize to a darker color after a few hours. Keep an eye on her, and if the color continues, then get her to a vet on Monday.

From your description, I can't tell what was in her ear. You can try wiping the ear out with a cotton ball moistened in warm water. And there are combination antibacterial and antifungal ear drops that also have hydrocortisone in them available at pet stores. If it's a bad infection, that over-the-counter stuff likely won't be strong enough to cure it, but it might ease the symptoms until you can see a vet on Monday.

i need help, she keeps biting blankets and putting her butt up to pee or poop and then she squeals like its hurting. i dont see any pee or poop though and she isnt eating anymore, she tried but shes in too much pain. HELP!! im so worried and im not finding anything on this

Sounds like she might have a urinary stone blocking her urethra and keeping her from peeing. Unfortunately, that's a medical emergency, and she needs to see a vet ASAP. But good luck finding a vet on the weekend that knows anything about guinea pigs.

Where are you? City and state, not your actual address. We might be able to help you find a vet.

Sounds like she might have a urinary stone blocking her urethra and keeping her from peeing. Unfortunately, that's a medical emergency, and she needs to see a vet ASAP. But good luck finding a vet on the weekend that knows anything about guinea pigs.

Where are you? City and state, not your actual address. We might be able to help you find a vet.
Thank you for replying, and all of your help. It was indeed a stone which needed surgery, and she had an ear infection. We could barely afford the vet bill itself, but we couldn’t afford a surgery and we were worried about her quality of life. We sadly made the decision to put her down. Shes been gone for over 12 hours and this doesn’t get any easier. I feel so bad for all she went through today and last night

I'm sorry you lost her.

Thank you for replying, and all of your help. It was indeed a stone which needed surgery, and she had an ear infection. We could barely afford the vet bill itself, but we couldn’t afford a surgery and we were worried about her quality of life. We sadly made the decision to put her down. Shes been gone for over 12 hours and this doesn’t get any easier. I feel so bad for all she went through today and last night
I’m very sorry for your loss 😔 I know losing a piggy can be very tough! ♥️😞

I’m so sorry for your loss. My condolences to you.