Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

How to Make a Cuddle Cup (requires sewing)

3luckyducks

Cavy Slave
I have a 10.25" circle because that's all i could get out of my fabric scraps. I need to know how long to make the 5" wide strips. Thanks!

pupsandpigs

Cavy Slave
I tried to make a cuddle cup, it didn't work. It turned out very bad.

pigluvinARK

Cavy Slave
These look so easy to make. I am going to try to make 4 of them tomorrow for my babies. I think they will love them. They love curling up in my fuzzy blanket. Thank you for sharing the link!

IluvePiggies

Cavy Slave
I'm learning how to sow so I hope at some point, I can make one....maybe polka-dotted just for my piggies!

Amsley246

Cavy Slave
I made one! Just finished it...not too shabby. Looks alright but you can tell it's my first one lol!

april07

Cavy Slave
Thank for teaching me how to make cuddle cup. I wanted to get everything ready before getting new guineas. Great idea.

IluvePiggies

Cavy Slave
Am I allowed to copy it onto Wordpad or something then print it out from there because then I don't have some many pages to print out?

Harrys Dad

Cavy Slave
I don't see why you can't copy and paste the info!

jamie15701

Cavy Slave
That is so cool. I can't wait until I make my own cuddle cups! Thank you so much!

starshine123102

Cavy Slave
I just bought a 1/4 of a yard to make a cozy but I want to try a cuddle cup. At most it would be a 9" circle. Do you think that would be too small?

Also the fabric is 44" long, would that be enough to make the sides and the base?

Linda122005
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Am I allowed to copy it onto Wordpad or something then print it out from there because then I don't have some many pages to print out?
Yes for your own personal use. You may not, however, post it anywhere else on the net.

ptbruiser

Cavy Slave
These directions are Great!!
Thank you so much! I am going to try to make them for my four babies because they look like something they would love.
And since I am on limited income, it is cheaper for me to make them.
Thank you all so much for putting this up!!

mommypiggy

Cavy Slave
Hi guys! I have a question hope someone can help me. What kind of batting do you use and does it matter how thick? Also, Do you sew the batting with the outer layer or no? because i want to do that to make sure the batting stays in place. Hope someone can answer my question! thanks!

PiggleMomma

Cavy Slave
I made one and it's awesome! Thanks :D However, it is insanely too big for my piggles, since they're about 5 months old or so. I could fit three of them in there! I'm going to have to save it for later and make another one half the size!

CharmeC

Cavy Slave
Thank you for the tutorial! I was sorely tempted to splurge on commercial cozies, but now I can make my own, woohoo! Here's my first try last night (hand-sewed), 11" is perfect size for both piggies to snuggle in, I even made pads for changing:
3365172587_fb2f23291b.jpg

Hi guys! I have a question hope someone can help me. What kind of batting do you use and does it matter how thick? Also, Do you sew the batting with the outer layer or no? because i want to do that to make sure the batting stays in place. Hope someone can answer my question! thanks!

I got my batting from a fabric store, they cut half a yard for me, it seems to be about 1/4" thick. I sewed it to the outer layer.

mommypiggy

Cavy Slave
Thanks for replying but what kind of batting is it? Do you know the name of it? I think I got the batting that's why and also how do you make the fleece lining stay on the bottom and not look like its floating?. I love your cuddle cup btw! have a nice day!

CharmeC

Cavy Slave
Thanks for replying but what kind of batting is it? Do you know the name of it? I think I got the batting that's why and also how do you make the fleece lining stay on the bottom and not look like its floating?. I love your cuddle cup btw! have a nice day!

Hmmm, I am not sure the name for that batting, I just asked the employee for batting, and that's what he brought out for me:
Peitiandthepiggies024.jpg

I guess the fleece bottom does float, but after I stuffed the pad in it won't show anymore!
Peitiandthepiggies023.jpg

mommypiggy

Cavy Slave
THANKS! I guess thats easier and better looking! THANK YOU SO MUCH! I guess I didn't buy the wrong batting! lol! have a nice day!!

IluvePiggies

Cavy Slave
Thank you for the tutorial! I was sorely tempted to splurge on commercial cozies, but now I can make my own, woohoo! Here's my first try last night (hand-sewed), 11" is perfect size for both piggies to snuggle in, I even made pads for changing:
3365172587_fb2f23291b.jpg

I got my batting from a fabric store, they cut half a yard for me, it seems to be about 1/4" thick. I sewed it to the outer layer.

Oh my gosh! What cute, adorable Piggies you have! Are they males are females?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.