Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Ramps homemade ramp cover??

guineapigmama14

Cavy Slave
Does anyone know how to make a fleece ramp cover? any ideas for one?:confused:

LucidCavies

Cavy Slave
i would use Velcro on each end of the ramp and along the sides of it and stick the fleece to it. quick and easy:)

lissie

Cavy Slave
Are you planning to sew them?

I line my ramp with bath rug cut in half lengthwise. I used binder clips to clip the rug to the side of the ramp. Towels will work too.

(broken link removed)

SomethingFunny

Cavy Slave
can bath rugs be laundered? Or do they generally not pee on the ramp?

ginipigsinspace

Cavy Slave
I use an extra piece of coroplast wrapped in flecce. The coroplast is cut to fit loosely on the floor of the ramp (loosely because I will be wrapping two layers of fabric around it. The final product is snug), and also has a 2-inch flap that attaches to the loft coroplast and tucks under the fleece flipper (although I'm sure it can work this way even if you don't have flippers). I don't have a specific cover, but I use safety pins on the back to secure a layer of uhaul and a layer of fleece. The piece then attaches to the loft, and sits flat in the ramp. Since the ramp itself is coroplast with a grid frame, the pins are completely unaccessible to the pigs, so there is no chance that they will get pricked. Let me know if this doesn't make sense and I will take photos.

guineapigmama14

Cavy Slave
Well, I have the ones from the cage store I just don't wanna have to buy a ramp cover cause I don't have the money at the moment and peaches likes chewing on the carpet of the ramp

heather.megan

Cavy Slave
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407456884.894823.jpg

I use binder clips to attach a towel or two. I started putting two towels because one of my piggies loves to go up the ramp between them like a tunnel.

madrae

Cavy Slave
Sorry do not have a picture at the moment, but putting together old clothes for GoodWill I came across old fleece pajamas. They were my daughters, size medium or 8-10. Cut off the leg and it was a perfect fit for my ramp! Just cliped it with binder clips and it was ready to go!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.