Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hey! From my own 2 pigs + the 2 pigs I got today (fostering) (the story)

Mr. Pig

Cavy Slave
I am Justin yes a guy... :eye-poppi

I honestly love guinea pigs, never felt so attached to a pet before.

I have owned 2 pigs for about 3 months now they are 2 year old brothers got them from the Los Angeles guinea pig rescue. Love them very tame and THE perfect pigs!!!

I contacted the rescue owner, (she runs it at her house in her open garage, has TONS of pigs all in C&C Cages) I contacted her on Email a few days ago I asked if I could foster some pigs for her because I was making a cage on top of the current cage I have. So I figured I have the room, so why not help out!
She was amazed with how I offered to do that, because most people only care about the young pigs, and most teens (im 16) wouldn't care to foster pigs and go through the hard work and trouble but I am dedicated to these amazing animals! I got a reply saying that she would love that, she said she has two girls that have cancer and need to be loved right now and have a caring buddy. I took the offer and replied saying I would love to take care of them! etc. I went today and she says, it was a bad idea to foster the 2 girls with cancer since the cage is right on top of my boys cage so it would risk my boys in fighting eachother, She then said she had two boys that are grandpas, 6-7 years old, she said since they are old there is something wrong when they poop, I guess it gets stuck so I just need to push it out every 2 days to keep it flowing. I took that offer and was very excited! I wase ven more excited when she gave me the supplies to build the cage, AND she gave me 2 10lb bags of pellets and offered me hay! She even said, I will give you 1 bag of pellets and hay for the boys every month you come in, I was not expecting that at all!!!

I am very happy and finsished the cage.

My original cage was a 2x4 with a 1x3 loft now it's a 3x4 with a 1x3 loft and on top there is another 3x4 for the two pigs I got today!

Ah I am overly happy!

PigPandemonium

Cavy Slave
Welcome! :D Always nice to see another teen on here like myself. We would love to see some pigtures of your pigs and the fosters! I tried out rescuing and adopting out pigs at one time, but I had a problem with letting them go, and trying to find the best homes for them. So now I plan on fostering for a great rescue in my area. This time I only plan on taking in girls, that way I can keep them if I get too attached. xD

Mr. Pig

Cavy Slave
I sure will! It's very dark in my room even with the light on so you wouldn't get some a good look of the cage set up. I will make a new thread tomorrow about the whole thing! with pics :D

pie_nya

Cavy Slave
Congrats on the new foster pigs. =P Its really nice of you to take on special needs pigs!

pinky

Cavy Slave
I love the senior guinea pigs. They've been there, done that and just want unconditional love. I hope the person who runs the rescue showed you how to clean them and how to trim nails. I'm looking forward to photos and updates on the old guys. I have a senior male I paired with a neutered 4 year old male. They get along great but we sort of laughed that the 4 year old probably would prefer the company of the gals to old grandpa, but this seems to work for them. We have two double decker coroplast cages. One has female pairs on both levels and the other has a single female on the top level and the guys on the lower level. The boys never fight, even though there are females nearby.

2cutepiggies

Cavy Slave
Hello & welcome! Good for you to take in older piggies! I was thinking about fostering. I have all this room & stay at home during the day.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.