Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Floortime Time

Gracespigs

Cavy Slave
We have expanded our floortime area with using our daughter's old play yard, it is like a fence if that makes sense. It looks roughly like a 2.5 x 6 area. They are just having a blast. We have their hay, pellets, water and veggies in there, chew sticks and a tunnel. We decided to take out their hidey, otherwise they hide the whole time. They are popcorning everywhere. I just layed down 3 towels underneath and fleece over top of that. We love having them in our living room for floortime, it is so awesome to watch them all day long. Is there a limit to how long they should have floortime? We would like to leave them out quite a bit everyday. And if we are able to leave them out for several hours, should we put their hidey back in after a while?

Keep the hidey in there. If they want to hide, then let them hide. They need to get used to the new area first, and then they will be fine. It takes them a little while to get used to new surroundings.

Ok, thank you, they seem to loved it right away. I put one in there now and they are to my suprise staying out and roaming, popcorning and eating.. They have been out for 4 hours now. Is there a time limit or if they have everything they need, can they stay out as long as they want?

Mine have all the hay, water, etc. and several snack of veggies and stay out from 9 am to late afternoon most days. They have times they run and times they sleep. I have cardboard box hideys for a change, out on the floor. I clean their cage while they are out including the plastic hideys.

I am so thankful we found this site, I love making their lives better and better.. I am so greatful to all of you!

Mine are still so shy during floor time. They seem to hide more than they play. I hope mine come around and really start having fun.

I am lucky, they seem to adjust to any expansion or new enviroment I put them in immediately.. They are still thrilled and still not going into hideys... Maybe because they are so young..

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.