Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Does anyone make these from scratch?

c4talys7

Cavy Slave
I like the idea of these beds/cozies matching the rest of the cage. It looks like they are all hand-made and I was wondering if anyone knew how to make these?

cagehideys.JPG

sdpiggylvr

Cavy Slave
Where did you find that picture? I know I've seen those particular style beds (the ones in the back), but I can't quite remember where you can buy them.

I know you can make those beds (the link Princess Angel gave), tunnels, sleeping bags, and couch beds - instructions are in the "Accesories" area of the forum. Otherwise you can buy those beds towards the front, tunnels, and other sorts of hideys at a number of sites:
(broken link removed)
Small Animal Accessories and Quality Handknits by CobbCabinCrafts
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
Distinctive Cage Accessories for Ferrets, Rats, Guinea Pigs, Chinchillas

PrincessAngel

Cavy Slave
If you are handy with a sewing machine and have fabric to spare, I say just try things out and find what works best for you. I very rarely use patterns to sew things. I am just too impatient!

GPigsRSweet

Cavy Slave
Those beds in the back look somewhat like this: (broken link removed)

c4talys7

Cavy Slave
Awesome! Thank you guys for the input. I think I will try and make the crash pad and the cuddle cup. I was kinda forced into the world of Guinea Pigs and I'm actually excited about it now. My sister didn't do her research so I'm happy to try and help them live more comfortably.

CanadianComforts

Section Moderator
Cavy Slave
Cuddle cups are pretty easy to make. I started out making them for my pets, ferrets and pigs. Now I make and sell them for other peoples pets.

Youtube is amazing for sewing tips. I self taught myself how to sew with youtube.

If you need any help just message me.

sdpiggylvr

Cavy Slave
If you're wondering what materials to use, usually flannel and fleece work best. Flannel is soft and comes in lots of patterns, usually pretty affordable too; fleece is so soft and the piggies love it!

Henrysmommy

Cavy Slave
Bwahaha, sorry I know this post isn't helpful but I just wanted to comment on how cute the ears on the back cozys were. The picture make me literally squeak with joy.

c4talys7

Cavy Slave
Thank you (broken link removed), I might be messaging you soon, I'm going to be getting some material soon. I'll check YouTube as well.

CanadianComforts

Section Moderator
Cavy Slave
No problem. They really are easy. The tutorial here is so simple to follow. My biggest tip is to write, or print, the tutorial out so you can have it with you the first few times. I make so many now its second nature but when I first started I wrote it out and had it with me.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.