Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Do your pigs cuddle?

PiggieMamaKelly

Cavy Slave
I was just curious how common it is for pigs to cuddle together or sleep in the same pigloo. I've read about pigs who do this, but none of mine ever cuddle. And they would scratch eachother's eyes out before they would coexist in a single pigloo. So, do your pigs cuddle? :grouphug:

envisionary333

Cavy Slave

piggiesinpa

Cavy Slave
Mine don't really do that. They get together whenever they are scared and protect each other. They will sometimes go in igloos together but I think it's more to kick the ones out that are already in there and steal their spot ;)

evilnumberlady

Cavy Slave
My guinea pigs tend to cuddle when they are

1. scared
or
2. cold

Not that I haven't caught them cuddling at other times on occasion.

Tulia&Susie

Cavy Slave
Mine cuddle sometimes. When Ralphie is in the hidey house Toby(since Ralphie is to big for anyone else to fit in the hidey house) he will sleep right by Ralphie outside of the house. My boys tend I see to cuddle with eachother more than the girls.

clotho

Cavy Slave
None of my 8 piggies seem to like to cuddle. When they were babies, they would huddle together when they were scared, but now none of them cuddles with any of the others. They all have their favourite, separate spots, and they never sleep together. They do interact and I'm sure they like each other, but they mostly stay out of each other's way.

piggiesinpa

Cavy Slave
Omigosh - this is so weird. I just looked over at my pigs, and Moe and Milkdud are laying together!!!! YAY! :D

cavyinhawaii

Cavy Slave
Mine are never together. They all take a separate part of the cage. The only time they are together is when they are eating or if something scares them. Even if they are scared it will only be a few minutes until one pig nips another for being too close.

PrincessAngel

Cavy Slave
My piggies don't cuddle. Java bugs Angelica. The only time they are in the same igloo is when I scare Java and she runs into the igloo which Angelica is in.But they both cuddle with their hay pile.:DBut they cuddled when Java was a little baby. Angelica liked Java better back then. Angel was an only piggy for 2 and half years.

salana

Lethal Guru
Cavy Slave
My pig Einstein was a real cuddler. He would cuddle with his "dad", his brother, any humans who wanted to snuggle...anyone.

CavyLover94

Cavy Slave
My boars snuggle with everything and anyone too.

PiggieMamaKelly

Cavy Slave
So it seems like it's about 50/50, with some pigs being cuddlers and some not. I guess I just didn't luck out in picking out the snugglers. It seems like maybe boars are more likely to snuggle as well?

All pictures are really cute!

Tulia&Susie

Cavy Slave
I find that out a lot too. My boys, well , it's not that my girls aren't loveable because they are but my boys just lvoe eachother to pieces and they just enjoy being together so much. I mean outside the girls will stay in a group just eating and the boys when Ralphie runs around Toby follows...then the others...soon enough I got a boy piggie train.

envisionary333

Cavy Slave
Haha, that's so cute! Who would've thought, the boys are the lovey ones when it comes to guinea pigs. lol

salana

Lethal Guru
Cavy Slave
Half the time they're snuggle monsters...half the time they're total buttheads.

clotho

Cavy Slave
Typical males!!!! LOL ok I couldn't resist ;) sorry to all the guys out there!!!

PiggieMamaKelly

Cavy Slave
I'm not sure if the cuddling cuteness would make up for all the things they've ruined with boar glue!!

thalestral

Cavy Slave
My Rosie and Gracie are big snugglers, they love snuggling up to each other in their big log cabin and often go to each other when they need calmed down via ear licking. They're separated at the moment as Rosie is ill but I can tell they miss each other a lot.

Brie and Frisky on the other hand don't snuggle at all even though they're sisters. They have quite different personalities but then so do Rosie and Gracie... it's a mystery!

I can definitely say though that both Rosie and Frisky are big human snugglers :D

RyanR

Cavy Slave
Pumpkin Spice cuddles with Hercules and Smore. Smores doesn't cuddle with anyone. He rather act like he's in charge.

Piggersrule

Cavy Slave
Some of my girls will snuggle and some won't. Abby won't allow anyone except Pinkie to snuggle with her. It also depends on what time of month it is for them. When it's hump season....forget it, they are too busy humping everyone to snuggle. Here are a few of some of my favorite snuggle shots.

This is a rare shot of Abby actually allowing Miss Piggy to share in on a snuggle moment with Pinkie.
(broken link removed)

(broken link removed)

There are 2 pigs in the pigloo
(broken link removed)

(broken link removed)

(broken link removed)
(click the pictures)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.