Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bonding Do you kiss your pigs?

ohmypig!

Cavy Slave
Just wondering if anyone else kisses their pigs. I read somewhere a long time ago that kissing your guinea pigs is a no-no, but I can't resist and I kiss them all the time. I know, it's a little gross, but I was wondering if anyone else does it!

Anyone? Or is it just me? :love:

I kiss them.

Its a little gross, seeing as they eat their own poop, but I don't care. I love the little bugger's!

I do! My husband always says, "poor piggies, one day one of them are going to bite you on the lip!"

I do but on top of his head only, sometimes I rub my nose on his but he prefers the kiss on head.

I never kissed animals before but when Tufty came back from the hospital I kissed him on the top of his little head and also nuzzled him a bit on top of his head. I loved the smell of him and wanted to be close to him.
I wouldn't put my lips near to those sharp little teeth, frankly!! Even though my piggies are not biters in general, I would just not do it. Also, I'd be afraid I'd give them my germs! They can catch bacterial infections from people and they are much less able to withstand it than we are.

I kiss my pig on the top of her head. Actually where a rosette is right on top of her head (she only has one, which is why she's a crowned piggy.):love:

Yes, just on the top of their head. I'm not able to resist. They're just too.. lovable. :)

I give mine kisses on the head. They seem to enjoy it!! Maybe it's the love! They are really just too irresistible!!

I kiss the tops of their heads, usually when I'm putting them back in their cage after laptime. They have adorable little mouths, but I see mine munching poo too much to get too close to them (or their sharp little teeth!).

I love kissing my piggies. Usually I do on the top of the heads or by their ears. My piggies kiss back but I don't let them on my face. Now my kids on the other hand pretty much make out with the piggies. I keep telling them the piggies eat their poop and that its gross but they really really don't care. This is a constant fight in my house but I have given up. My kids are total animal lovers and they will cuddle and kiss anything. We have a lizard and they too kiss it. No matter how many times we tell them the possiblility of salmonella. I really don't know how to get them to stop.

Once in a great while Tulip gets a kiss. We mostly touch noses. It's so cute. She will raise her head up and I'll hold my face to her and she will get really close.

I basically kiss every single animal I have (yes, including the horse lol), but once Candy bit my lip and it was bleeding.

I kiss my piggies. My boyfriend tells me I am a mean mean lady but I have convinced myself selfishly that they secretly love it.

He doesn't let me smother his piggies with kisses though. :(

Yes!!! I love to kiss my piggies. But only on the head also. I wouldn't mind kissing the little piggy lips, but i'm afraid of a bite. lol. Floyd isn't really a kisser, but Buggsy loves momma's kisses.

Just wondering if anyone else kisses their pigs.

This is like asking, "Do you eat food?". lol Of COURSE I do. A lot. It's just too easy to love on them. I figure they'll only be in this life once, so I don't ever forget to give them the love they deserve. ❤️ But only on the head. ;)

I unfortunately don't. I tried one time and about an hour later my face was slightly swollen (which is what convinced me the allergy was the pig and not the hay). :weepy: I do kiss my ferrets, cat, dog, and bird.

I try not to kiss my piggies because I feel like they probably really don't appreciate the noise and my sloppy face but I can't resist!

I always tend to pick them up and find that I simply can't hold them without giving them a little kiss on the head! Or I will put my face by their face and rub noses..

Guests often think I'm strange but I don't mind!

Lol. I totally kiss all my piggies! They're too lovable not to.

I can't kiss my piggies without making my lips swell and tingle.
But I give them lots of love by cuddles.

I kiss mine, but only on the cheek or on top of their nose, my boyfriend will kiss them on their nose lol they don't seem to like being kissed, but they always get kissed goodnight :D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.