Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Curly Pig Diary

SweetiePig

Cavy Slave
Thanks! :cheerful:

tboyd

Cavy Slave
Absolutely beautiful little Sophie ,and the cutest pic with her and the piggies! I might be interested in that info...not sure what I'm going to do yet, because it is still in the very beginning planning stages, but I am keeping all my options open and am seriously considering an alternative to the traditional types of beddings. I will be keeping track of this diary, entertaining and full of good ideas also. I might even follow your example later and do something similar if you don't mind a copy cat:D

SweetiePig

Cavy Slave
tboyd - I have the ladies email who makes the fleece liners and things so whenever you need something let me know and I will give it to you. I couldnt be anymore excited for my fleece. I am soooo tired of bedding, sooo tired of vacuuming every day and the mess, ect. Im really looking foward to it. Plus with my piggies long hair, the bedding sticks in it and it takes me like 5 min per pig to get all the bedding out just to hold them. I will still be using some KD pine pellets in the kitchen area under the hay but thats it, the rest are going to be fleece liners. The KD pine pellets are pellets so they dont stick to my pigs fur and they dont get blown around or kicked out since they are heavy.
What do you use in your cage now for bedding? Do you have any pics of your cage on the forum? Id love to see it.
And I dont mind you copying me! Go right head! I would feel quite good about it actually, seeing as you admire my cage. What do you have in mind for your future cage?

Now for an update.
The piggys have been there good, happy ol' self's today. I had them out earlier this morning. They were in such a good mood. I let them run around the bedroom and its so funny. If one of them gets more than like 3 feet away, the other freeks out and squeels and then they come running full speed to eatch other! Haha. They really seam to enjoy my lap too, I dont know what it is but they are both always right up in my lap wanting to be pet. Today, they wouldnt stay off me. They were using my legs as a jungle gym!! I just cant get oevr how cute and funny these two girls are! And as they get older I am really starting to see their personalities. 'Tulip' is the more outgoing one. She's always the first one out in the morning for breakfast and the first one to try everything, like going up the ramp. But she always seams to want to try new things and she loves to run around and explore. She has warmed up to me so much since I got her. She was the shyest of the two when I brought them home, ad she actually used to bite me! Yeah, crazy, I know. I thought she would end up kinda mean and non-social but boy was I wrong! And Sweet pea, my little sweet pea!! She is so sweet! She is shy and doesnt like big crowds or being picked up but once she is in your harms, she will love you forever. She is never the one to go far and when exploring, always looks back to make sure someone is there. She doesnt like to try new things, she would rather have things stay the same so she knows she is safe. It takes her awhile to get used to things, like her new cage. She's finally learned her way around it and I think she is enjoying it much more now. My girls are very different in personality but I really think its a good thing. I get the best of both worlds :silly:

So, about 'Tulip' I want to change her name. I really like it, like, when I say it in my head it sounds good and when I type it, it looks good but when I say it out loud, it just doesnt flow. I cant really match it with her when Im calling her. So, can anyone give me suggestions of a new name for her? If you dont already know, she is the piggy with the spots.

Oh and I havnt updated much on my adoptable pig. Sorry about that. Well, the adoption got approved and Im just waiting on a date I can go get him! I am very excited to bring him home!!!
I will need a name for him too but I'd like to see his personality first and then I'll post some pics to see what you guys have on some names for him.

Well, thats all for now. Im gunna go make a video of my piggys and post it for you guys! Talk to you soon!

to be continued...
8/30/11

suzilovespiggie

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Great pictures! So glad you got approved for your new piggy. Can't wait to see him.
As far as reporting the breeder. Your local Humane Society, Animal Control, PETA, ASPCA . Maybe the police dept. can let you know who you can call to report bad conditions and bad care.

SweetiePig

Cavy Slave
Thanks, I will definitely post pics when I get him home.
And I will see what I can do about reporting her.

Now, Im gunna go play with the piggys and let them get some much needed exercise :cheerful:

SnickieBugs

Cavy Slave
Hi SweetiePig, I love your pictures! Your guinea pigs are precious, and all the pics are great! I liked the picture of them wanting to sit with you, Snickers does the same thing to me, except when he stands on my leg, he wants his piggy chips! lol I'm so glad that you got them feeling better, I would be so mad at that breeder!! Very cute and I think the diary is a good idea! :)

pigsandme

Cavy Slave
Sweetie Pig, as for a new name for Tulip, I suggest Alayla or Layla. I know a little girl named that, and I love the name!

SweetiePig

Cavy Slave
Layla is cute but reminds me of someone who Im not to fond of. Her name is Gayla. And I just couldnt say her name without thinking of that person I cant even though I LOVE the name Layla. Uh, that sucks :( I really do like it. The other name you suggested though I cant really pronounce. Any other suggestions?

Update for tonight..
The girls are good. Happy like usual.They were abnormally hyper today and were sprinting all over the cage having so much fun! I sat and watched them forever (my husband must have thought I was nuts :crazy: But they were just too cute to look away! With all there popcorning and wheeking! Uh, I love them so much! So, I have to go away for the weekend and cant bring them with. I hate to leave them but its only for 2 days. I should be back sunday. I filled there bowls full and water bottle up and gave new hay so that should hold them over. I miss them already though! I will make sure to give lots and lots of cuddles and lovings as soon as we get back. I hope they dont get too upset since I wont be here to give fruits/veggies. I'll have to make it up to them. Anyone have any ideas of some really good snacks or how I should make it up to them for leaving? haha. Im so wrapped around their little fingers, its not even funny.
Hmm, so besides all that, I have a surprise for everyone!!!! I should be able to let you know tomorrow, if not sometime this weekend! And no, Its not about the pig Im going to be adopting from the rescue encase thats what your thinking.
Well, thats all for tonight, sorry it was so short but really, todays been a boring day for the pigs and me both!

to be continued...

9/01/11

OllieandFriends

Cavy Gazer
Your guinea pigs are adorable! What about Annabelle or Angel as a new name for Tulip? When I was first thinking about getting guinea pigs I thought about getting a girl and naming her one of these

SweetiePig

Cavy Slave
Thanks :) Annabelle is pretty cute...But doesnt seam to it her and Angel is my husbands ex who I dont particularly get along with >(
Uh man, I really like Tulip as a name but it just roll off the tongue. I hate having to pick a new name cause Im so darn picky!

Mimi59

Cavy Slave
Your daughter is so adorable with the piggies!! :D Nice picture!

SweetiePig

Cavy Slave
Hi guys! So my last posting I mentioned a surprise, well..Here it is!!!

blossom10.jpg

And her name is Blossom.
I got her form a lady in VA who had a unexpected litter of babies. She had got the mom and dad pigs from her mother-in-law who moved out of the country. She had no idea the mom was pregnant until the babies arrived. She desided to keep the mom pig and one of the babies who had been born blind and found homes for most of the babies and the dad. She had 2 girls left when I talked to her - a black abbysinian and then Blossom. I chose blossom just because she was so sweet, talkative and unique looking! Im guessing she is a teddy, right? She has very wavey, thick, rough fur and has really curly whiskers. She is around 5 weeks old and very very very sweet! I cant get over how friendly she is! I am so in love with her already. I have yet to introduce her to Sweet pea and 'no name' yet but I want to make sure she is healthy first before doing that. Im sure they will get along fine though since my girls are still only 3-4 months old and Blossom is just a little baby.

What do you guys think on cage size though? (for those who dont already know) I have a 2x5 with a 1x5 upper level. Is that big enough?

And for other updates...
Will, the pig I'm adopting is still coming to live with me. The rescuer should be bringing him by this week! I am sooo excited to adopt him! I really cant wait to meet him. I will keep you updated on his arrival. I am not fond of his name though, anyone have some thoughts on what to name him? He is a black and white texel neutered male.

And I still am trying to think of a name for 'no name' my white and brown/gray spotted texel girl if anyone has some vute names, send them my way! Im horrible with names.

Thats all the updates I got for today, tell me your thoughts on my new baby!
blossom30.jpg

OllieandFriends

Cavy Gazer
She's adorable! Her colouring and fur reminds me of a sheep :) What about Daisy for 'no name'? I think it would be cute if they were all named after some sort of flower or plant

SweetiePig

Cavy Slave
She does look like a little sheep! I do like the name Daisy May, and I guess I could call her Daisy for short..I'll think about it and see if it fits her. I would want to spell it different though cause I just like weird spellings. Maybe.. Daisie may or Daisy mae?? I dunno, I'll keep thinking on it.

tboyd

Cavy Slave
oooh Blossom is the cutest little thing, and that was the first thing I thought of too, a little sheep. You are going to have yourself a little herd! Just like me, I have four as well, though  I'm considering finding one more. And I never did respond to  your post addressing me the other day, but yes, I will post pics soon of their current cages, and then the 'after' cages when I get them made.  It will be after next week though; I'm going on vacation in a few days. I'm so going to miss my little herd and my other pets (3 cockatiels, 2 dogs), but I have two trusted family members that will be staying here to take care of them all. I've showed them all that needs to be done, but of course I am already making lists too LOL. They are going to hate me by the time I'm gone, they already think I'm too 'sappy' where my 'spoiled' babies are concerned lol.<br>Oooh and Daisy May is the cutest  name, I used to have a Cockatiel with that name. But I like odd spellings as well (many people think it doesnt matter for pets, since we rarely have reason to see their names written out, but it matters to me lol).........on her vet records I was spelling her name Daisy Maigh......it was almost Daisy Mae lol.  Good luck with 'no names' new name.......sometimes I am bad with names too. In fact, I still have two of mine unnamed!! time for me to get on the ball with that   myself.

CavyPpl

Cavy Slave
this is a good idea! you have some adorable guinea pigs. I like the name Crystal for 'Tulip' and for Will i like Oreo
I love your idea for a piggy diary. I might have to copy your idea if u dont mind

SweetiePig

Cavy Slave
tboyd, I cant wait to see pic's of your before and after cages. You needa post more pics of your pigs too! :) I'm away right now in VA and when Im here I have to have somone watch the pigs and Im always checking in on them like every day haha. They get So annoyed with me but I cant help it, I love and miss them! So I get what your sayin'
And I think Im gunna go with Daisy mae as her new name. I think Sweet pea, Daisy mae, and Blossom all sound very cute together! Now I need a 'cute-sy' boy name which is gunna be hard..hmmm...????

cavyppl, Thanks for the name ideas but I really like 'less than normal' names so Im trying to think of somthing a bit more uncommon than oreo. And yes, of course you can steel the 'piggy diary' idea! I think everyone should ahve there own 'piggy diary' actually! Good way to keep track of all the members and their pigs!

ellisa

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I love Blossom!!! She's adorable!!!!

tboyd

Cavy Slave
SweetiePig- yes, I do need some more pics! After I wrote that last post, I realized those were the only ones I have so far, and I'd really like some showing some interaction between them, and between them and me. I'm already charging my camera!
And believe it or not, I don't even leave for vacation for a few days, and I am ALREADY planning the daily (or thrice daily lol) phone calls to check on my furry family and make sure their care is being seen to. I'm particularly worried about my little Angel......she is so very close with me and has never been apart from me in the year she has been with me since she was 6 wks old:( she sits at the door and cries just when go to work, so we will see how it goes with me gone for 8 days.
As for Will's new name........do you have any specific favorite book or tv characters, a favorite scent, anything like that? Sometimes I pick a name based on something like that, and I love unigue type names, too. Of the two unnamed piggies I still have, I am thinking of naming one Cena (as in John Cena) I will really be interested in what you decide on. When I first joined this forum, I actually considered doing the same as you and asking for opinions LOL.

SweetiePig

Cavy Slave
tboyd, Glad to hear your charging your camera! I cant wait for pics!! I need to get some more on here, and like you said, ones with me interacting with my pigs! :cheerful: I will take lots of pics and post them to the diary when Im home monday! I'll also need to show everyone more pics of Blossom and my neutered boy "Will" that im adopting.
As far as names go, I like two word names, nature names, and food names lol and I sorta like japanese/anime type names (can we say NERD) :silly:
I will have to sit down and really start thinking unless somone can come up with something good!

Maybe you can keep checking back and see if anyone came up with any names you can steel, heehee.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.