Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Exercise Commercial rabit cage for guinea pigs???

Kyliebrie

Cavy Slave
Would a commercial rabbit cage be suitable for one guinea pig? the size is 49×22
if someone wants I can post a link to the cage or its on amazon and its called
Living World Deluxe Pet Habitat x-large
and would it be large enough for him to play around?

PotterThePiggie

Cavy Slave
Personally I would just buy the things needed for a c&c cage for the price that cage sells for on Amazon. The space ends up being less than 49x22 once you factor in how much room the hidey place takes up. It's about a 2x3 cage but will the piggie always be alone? GP's are happier in pairs as I'm sure you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I agree. Pigs need a friend of their own kind, and that cage is not large enough for two. You can build a C&C cage for less than that one costs, and you can configure it any way you want. See the Main page of this site for more information on building your own cage, and on recommended cage sizes.

SciGirl

Cavy Slave
I think you're going to like a C&C cage set up. It is a lot more versatile, cheaper, and can allow for growth.
**Pro-tip: Look up how to make fleece liners with U-haul fabric. It is the best thing I did. You just sweep up the little poops.

PotterThePiggie

Cavy Slave
Just looking at your other post and seeing as your mom doesn't want to do a c&c cage I'd look into the joined Midwest cages or something similar.

However, if you can persuade her into a c&c that would be awesome and a fun project you guys could do. I think she would like the affordability of it and you can make it covered too (if that's a concern)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.