Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Cage Location

jamielk92

Cavy Slave
So I have girl two piggies right now. I believe they are both pregnant (one is pretty definite). You can see my other detailed post about that here:
https://www.guineapigcages.com/foru...4-general-pregnancy-questions.html#post671410

Anyway, I'm going to need a bigger cage for the two of them anyways, and then for the babies. Right now I have a cage in our dining room that is on a 24x48 table (about), the cage fills up almost the whole table. I know I need at least a 2x4 cage for the two of them, but about how big will I need for one or both of their babies?

My mom doesn't want me to put anything bigger in the dining room so I'm trying to figure something else out and the only other place that would work is in my room in this spot:

That is the area I have set up for playtime right now which would be big enough to fit a good sized cage. The only problems are:
-The window is right above so that in itself could cause a draft.
-In the summer it gets hot in my room. I have my air conditioner (pictured in the window) that I would be able to turn on when it gets too hot and keep the room at a good temperature. But will it cause a draft for them? I can tilt the fan part where the air blows up so it won't be directly hitting them or anything..
-In the winter my room gets cold when the heat is off at night and the vent is close to where I would be putting the cage. (To the right of the doors in the photo.) Although it's not that close and I could put some sort of wall up so it wouldn't be blowing on them.

The cage would go under the window right up against the bookshelf (I would move those boxes). And my neighbor works in construction so I could probably have him make a little stand to match the size of the cage.

(And yes I move that wire hanging when they are in there and I never leave them alone since they could (but never do) jump over the fence.)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.