Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Burrowing sows and C&C cage?

campusgirll

Cavy Slave
Burrowing sows and C&C cage?

I'm currently waiting for my uhaul pads but just set up this 2x4 cage for my piggies after receiving my chloroplast for c&c cages. Currently I am using towels under the fleece but my piggies are burrowing. What can I do about this? Also, I wanted to know what I can put in the cage to help them have a place to potty and if there's anything else.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Use binder clips

Put things in the corners of the cage (bowls, bricks, toys) or get fleece that is wide enough to fold over the coroplast and use binder clips to pin it down.

Put things in the corners of the cage (bowls, bricks, toys) or get fleece that is wide enough to fold over the coroplast and use binder clips to pin it down.
I tried to put hidies, and toys in the corner but they just move it. I will pick up some binder clips tomorrow. Thank you both

The same thing happened with my pigs. However, once I started using the binder clips they seem to have forgotten about it and don't bother with it anymore. They still move things around as they please :) Hopefully your pigs will grow out of their habit.

Thank you all. The binder clips work great. Putting thing in the corners...not so much. They are big enough to move things around now

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.