Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Babies are coming home tomorrow to their new home !!! My cage :)

qweenb76

Cavy Slave
Babies are coming home tomorrow to their new home !!!  My cage :)
I wanted a C&C and will probably get one soon, but right now I have a Midwest Habitat Plus.. I have 2 one month old baby boys coming to live here. Hope they like it.. I think it came out kinda cute.
Am I missing anything ??? Fresh veggies to be added tomorrow.

SOOO Excited !!!

Nope, looks fantastic! Very cute. :) Be sure to take pigtures of your two new babies after they get settled for all of us to see!

The cage looks good. You might need a bigger hay rack.

I'd recommend removing the snack log. It's not healthy for them to eat.

Super cute! Love how everything is so nicely coordinated.

The cage looks good. You might need a bigger hay rack.

I'd recommend removing the snack log. It's not healthy for them to eat.

I bought one of those as a Christmas present. Is it only unhealthy because they are getting babies?? Would it be ok for 8 month old piggies??

I think those are just generally considered unhealthy because they use things like molasses etc to hold everything together don't they?

I'd say give them a half hour with it at a time so they don't eat too much of it, and only let them have it every couple of days, if you insist on them having it.

Did you make the Zebra fleece forest? I really like that. Your cage looks great.

Heck no, LOL.. I wish I could sew!! I got the whole set off of Etsy. PeeweesPiggyPalace - lots of fun stuff !!

Thanks everyone... I didn't know about the logs, I'll put it back in the box and return it since it hasn't been used yet. I will also look into the bigger hay rack - or a Pig out pouch to match the rest of my fleece.

:)

I think those are just generally considered unhealthy because they use things like molasses etc to hold everything together don't they?

I'd say give them a half hour with it at a time so they don't eat too much of it, and only let them have it every couple of days, if you insist on them having it.

I don't think they should eat it at all.

Ingredients: Pine wood shaving, cassava starch, alfalfa straw liquid mix (water, sodium alginate, potassium sorbate, propionic acid, honey, glycerin, propylene glycol).

Last edited:

Ok, thank you! The box is already gone, so I guess I'm stuck with it.... lol But thank you for the advice.

I love the cage btw... it's amazing....

See the ingredients. Why would you want your pigs to eat wood shavings? Cassava starch‎? And honey is not good for them.

I never looked at the ingredients. I didn't mean if my comment sounded testy with what you were saying. I was just simply curious as to why you wouldn't recommend the product. Sorry if that's how you took it. But I don't think I'll be giving it to them anymore.

View attachment 59347
I wanted a C&C and will probably get one soon, but right now I have a Midwest Habitat Plus.. I have 2 one month old baby boys coming to live here. Hope they like it.. I think it came out kinda cute.
Am I missing anything ??? Fresh veggies to be added tomorrow.

SOOO Excited !!!

What are those little toys you have in and hanging on the cage? so cute!

Love your fleece, My daughter would die for that set!

@Zombie Queen You can get them at any pet store or online. :) They are all edible wood to chew on. I also have the knot-nibbler (except mine is much larger), the willow twig ball and the hanging bell toy. Penelope actually loves to ring the bell part the most haha silly pig.

Really. I need to get some tips for my pig's. I those cat balls with bells in them but they don't seem to cate about them. I also have some I threw together - a sock stuffed with hay and Rockii likes to make it roll bit that's it.

So far she completely ignores her Knot-Nibbler but the main reason I got it was to shove veggies in it so she would have to work a little to get them out. Though it wasn't meant for that so it doesn't work the greatest haha I only got it because I forgot the name of the Roll-n-Snak. She loves to nibble on her willow ball though and as I said before ring her bell. :)

The main source of fun for basically every guinea pig, is doing zoomies. That's why I already want to upgrade her 2x4 to a 2x5. (Especially since I'm getting a second piggie soon!)

Zoomies are where they run at high speed and so laps right? My Winston loves to do that during his free time!! Right now his cage his two small for either pig to do that but we are making a C&C cage soon! I was going to build of my store bought cage but it'll actually be cheaper to build a whole new cc cage.

Awesome! Can't wait to see it!

Oh and I just put her Knot-Nibbler back in and now all the sudden she likes it haha it's just random I guess! Also she has a wooden hidey she chews on a lot. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.