Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Aren't Cavies supposed to like Beetroot?

• Post hidden due to user being banned.
Mine love parsley about 2 times a week. What about pepper especially red (not hot of course) it is rich with vitamin c. I give them a slice of orange about 2 times a week. Baby spinach. Also you can try brocoli, mine dont care for it. I read someone here that they gave yams. I tried it last night and I guess they liked that since it was gone. I just gave them a small slice each. They love corn on the cob. I cut about an inch off and give them each that about 3 times a week, they love it.

My pigs love spinach two or three times a week, Romain lettuce is always a big hit, i feed that everyday, and guinea pigs love kale, its high in vit.C and i feed that every day too..and stuff like what pennik said, parsly once or twice a week, red peppers...pigs also love cilantro (sp?)

hmm....i think you can get it where you are..its always near the lettuce in my store.

Every evening, our six piggies get a plateful of fresh vegetables. We always vary it, but its unusual for there to be less than three different types on their plate in an evening. Last night was, Red Pepper, Cucumber, Carrot and some broccoli. Doing this is the best thing we've ever done. They look forward to it all day, their body clocks tell them when we are getting near dinner time and they start twitching :eek:) and getting excited. It keeps them in excellent condition, there coats just glow and it helps settle them down so they don't keep us awake at night. Maybe we are a bit obsessed :eek:p but it's not half as expensive as you might think.

does anybody's pigs like small amounts of bananas?

My pigs love bananas. I only give them a slice about 1 inch thick 1 to 2 times a week. It's the funniest thing to watch them eat it! They love it, but they hate the weird texture, and they move their move around all funny so that they don't get anything on their face.

Mine also likes it. I find once you open the banana it starts to rot so I dont give if very often.

Hello all I am new btw but thought I would post some things I feed my piggies..
They get deydrayed(sp) strawberries,bannas,apples,tomatoes. usually a few slices of strawberries and one or 2 small slices of banna.. I just got my piggies some romaine lettuce today they seem to love that.. I also got them cilantro and they don't seem to like that too much..and some cucumber to feed them tonight..I think I am on the way to spoiling my piggies..lol..

Hi. You shouldnt shorten words I dont know what they mean. Can I assume deydrayed means dehydrated? If it does I am not sure if that is the way to go. I would think fresh is always better. You can also try peppers (not hot ones) that is rich in Vitamin C. I think all piggies love parsley and kale. A little a few times a week is very good for them. Glad to have you aboard.

I use the dried fruits so that way when I can't make it home during the day they still have a variety to munch on.. I bought a $40 machine to do it with.. supposed to keep the minerals and stuff better then your cheaper machines.. works nice.. the fruits are fresh I do the drying myself so that way they aren't sitting on a store shelf for no telling how long..

Purchased dried/dehydrated fruits contain way too much sugar and aren't that good for the piggies, it is best to give them fresh fruits.

I think if someone were to dehydrate fruits at home it might be ok because there would be no preservatives or added things getting into the fruit, but fresh is always the best!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.